Thread: motec help

motec help

i bought my motec already programmed for my fzr,now i am changing some parts and need to make adjustments .i dont have the connectors to do it myself.any ideas,i am in virginia(willing to bring my ski to someone to adjust).

motec help

anybody?

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod6731 View Post
    anybody?
    I am sure there wil be someone to help you on the forum tonight that can help you, everyone is out riding today! Tommy Jordan

+1
    i bought my motec already programmed for my fzr,now i am changing some parts and need to make adjustments .i dont have the connectors to do it myself.any ideas,i am in virginia(willing to bring my ski to someone to adjust .
    Hi
    Happy to help, can you tell me a bit more about your project, are you saying you dont have the UTC which goes between the laptop and the ECU.
    If you dont have one, would you consider getting one.
    If you dont have a laptop and are not interested in learning then you will need to take it to someone who does.
    Obviously try to find someone from the forum here that is close to you and willing to help.
    Second option is you could take out your ECU and send it to someone like Nils who can upload some changes for you.

I have to say thou this is not the most ideal way to go.
    The proper process is to fit your parts, make the apparopriate changes to the map, test ride and download the data to fine tune. You will need a lambda sesnor connected so that accurate AFR,s can be recorded.
    If your mods are relatively minor then this isnt so criticle but if you want best performance then it is certainly a good idea.

Either way lets get all your info first, about the ski, about the mods, where you got your ECU from, what your goals are, how you will use your ski, race, recreational, most important is what octane fuel you will run. The more info the better.

Cheers

motec help

09 fzr
    intake manifold upgrade
    riva intake
    fuel pressure reg
    r&d r5 intercooler
    c-3 wheel
    motec
    cooloing kit
    free flow exhaust
    r&D SCOOP GRATE
    R&D ride plate
    only run 93 octane

i want to ugrade to the riva e1 wheel and new injectors.also 160mm liner with 15/23 skat. thanks rod

+1
    09 fzr
    intake manifold upgrade
    riva intake
    fuel pressure reg
    r&d r5 intercooler
    c-3 wheel
    motec
    cooloing kit
    free flow exhaust
    r&D SCOOP GRATE
    R&D ride plate
    only run 93 octane

i want to ugrade to the riva e1 wheel and new injectors.also 160mm liner with 15/23 skat. thanks rod
    OK Thanks
    Common set up

Now do you have answers to my other questions

can you tell me a bit more about your project, are you saying you dont have the UTC which goes between the laptop and the ECU??

If you dont have one, would you consider getting one?

If you dont have a laptop and are not interested in learning then you will need to take it to someone who does?

Obviously try to find someone from the forum here that is close to you and willing to help.
    Second option is you could take out your ECU and send it to someone like Nils who can upload some changes for you.

Cheers

motec help

i ordered the utc,new injectors and map sensor from jerry yesterday.i will try and do it my self,not much of a computer guy.

+1
    If you don't know what you are doing, I dont think I'd try it myself. There is a lot of things that need changed and then even after you change them, there will still be a lot of tweaking to get it right. I am on version 5 of my new map. Things are finally right where we wanted them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    If you don't know what you are doing, I dont think I'd try it myself. There is a lot of things that need changed and then even after you change them, there will still be a lot of tweaking to get it right. I am on version 5 of my new map. Things are finally right where we wanted them.
    When we did your calibration, we started from a basic 1000cc injector tune file and we established a strict test protocol to ensure we would obtain similar log patterns everytime a new tune file was issued. The starting point was 8,250rpm at WOT on average and we have improved to 8,400rpm+ on average the 5th tune file.

While significant performance increase has materialized, the most important part for me was the fact we took the opportunity to improve several engine protection features, low speed acceleration fuel enrichment, hot startup and we even took the time to setup an anti-cavitation feature.

The MoTeC ECU is an outstanding engine management unit to work on. Great results are always achieved providing people are willing to spend a minimum amount of time recording log data and following a formal test protocol.

I have done several calibrations for members on GH. I have found that 3 to 5 test sessions (log files everytime..... 5 minutes of testing and log recording is all it takes) is all what is needed to get a great calibration truly customized to the ski it is installed on. This usually means +2mph for most people and the satisfaction of knowing you're getting a lot more out of your MoTeC.

ERC......I am sure it has been a fun process on your side and you learned along the way.

+1
    I definitely did. Desperado is the man! I still need to get out soon but right now the pump is out and I'm waiting on my seadoo pump to come in so I haven't tried the new map yet.

Thread Information