Question Seadoo won't start

Having problems starting my seadoo.. I used it for about a month last summer (august) and then went away for school and didnt take the battery out of the seadoo. About a month ago it wouldn't start but the next day it did. I used the seadoo then and after about 2 hours of using it, it cut out and when trying to start nothing happened at all. So i waited 10 minutes and it started up, rode it for about 5 minutes and when i pulled the key out it hasn't started since. When pressing start button nothing happened once again. I got a new battery and charged it up and still nothing. Any idea's what the problem could be?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Penney10 View Post
    Having problems starting my seadoo.. I used it for about a month last summer (august) and then went away for school and didnt take the battery out of the seadoo. About a month ago it wouldn't start but the next day it did. I used the seadoo then and after about 2 hours of using it, it cut out and when trying to start nothing happened at all. So i waited 10 minutes and it started up, rode it for about 5 minutes and when i pulled the key out it hasn't started since. When pressing start button nothing happened once again. I got a new battery and charged it up and still nothing. Any idea's what the problem could be?

Welcome to the forums!

Mods please move this to the seadoo 2 Stroke section.

Penney.

Sounds like it could be a bad start and stop button. once this is moved into the right section you will get steered in the right direction on to where and what to look for. Welcome.

XLTNoob
    My money is on either button or solenoid.

TIP: Do not try and start your ski on the hose with the water running! The water hose should only be turned on within 15 secs after the engine starts.

the backpressure from the exaust keeps the water out of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Penney10 View Post

This looks like what you're complaint is. Correct me if I'm wrong. You were riding and the ski died. You tried to restart and it did not. Here is where you need to elaborate. What exactly happened? Did it crank and not start or was the ski totally dead. Like nothing was powered up. Ok so you waited 10 min and it started and 5 min later it did the same thing. No start. Elaborate on that, like put the key on no beeps or ya got two beeps, it cranks doesn't crank. Your description of your symptoms is vague. Also, What year and make of ski?

Thanks for the help!! i found out what the problem is but i dont know what its called or if u can even buy it without having to buy the entire starter box assembly kit. its a 95 yamaha waveblaster. the problem is the button on top (in the starter box on handle bars) that the key goes under to lift up!! inside that piece are contact points for little metal pieces that slide over each point when u put the key in. and the pieces that contact the points have springs under it and one of those springs eroded so it doesnt make contact with the points.. i dont know what that piece is called or if you can either buy just that! any help??

[QUOTE=Penney10;1461945]Thanks for the help!! i found out what the problem is but i dont know what its called or if u can even buy it without having to buy the entire starter box assembly kit. its a 95 yamaha waveblaster. the problem is the button on top (in the starter box on handle bars) that the key goes under to lift up!! inside that piece are contact points for little metal pieces that slide over each point when u put the key in. and the pieces that contact the points have springs under it and one of those springs eroded so it doesnt make contact with the points.. i dont know what that piece is called or if you can either buy just that! any help??[/QUOTE]

Ummmm yeah post over in the yamalog section. We are all Seadonkey owners. If you don't repost I'm hoping a moderator will move you. TIP: Don't call a yamaha a Seadoo.

yep you might make the yamaha mad!!!

Thread Information