Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Disconnecting Rooster Tail?

I know this is going to be a stupid question but, what is the best way to cap this off? I've heard people say that its as simple as disconnecting the hose from the exit point and inserting a screw to block off the water flow, is this true? Are there any potential issues that could arise from this?

+1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59284

Personally, I use a brass valve and some 200psi hose.

Brass valve? You mean that rather then disconnect it you cut in an in line valve?

I suppose you could jam a screw in there. Be a little more elegant to get a vacuum line plug from Autozone and put a hose clamp on it.

Or, if thisis a S/C motor - run a line from the spout fitting on the pump to a thru hull fitting and T or Y fitting to the intercooler to add more water...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I suppose you could jam a screw in there. Be a little more elegant to get a vacuum line plug from Autozone and put a hose clamp on it.

Or, if thisis a S/C motor - run a line from the spout fitting on the pump to a thru hull fitting and T or Y fitting to the intercooler to add more water...
    all those are good ideas except for putting a screw in the opening. unless you have the riva exit nozzle which comes with a threaded spout, and comes with a screw that is threaded to it. the best easy fix is get a barbed fitting to go into a short hose with pipe thread on the opposite side and put a plug in it.
    the problem i have with putting a screw in the oem spout opening is it can weaken the spout if you need it in the future with a cooling kit upgrade. and if it blows out . it will be like a bullet.
    you could also plug it with JB WELD.
    but the easiest way is to get a barb fitting for the existing hose or get a piece of braided hose, and get a plug for the open end. a nylon fitting works well for this. a ball valve does the job too.

60% of the time, it works every time.
    I just pulled mine off and let it hang. My wife likes it so I just push it back on when she rides, pull it off when I'm riding. no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skewman View Post
    Brass valve? You mean that rather then disconnect it you cut in an in line valve?

Yes then you can turn it on or off

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    all those are good ideas except for putting a screw in the opening. unless you have the riva exit nozzle which comes with a threaded spout, and comes with a screw that is threaded to it. the best easy fix is get a barbed fitting to go into a short hose with pipe thread on the opposite side and put a plug in it.
    the problem i have with putting a screw in the oem spout opening is it can weaken the spout if you need it in the future with a cooling kit upgrade. and if it blows out . it will be like a bullet.
    you could also plug it with JB WELD.
    but the easiest way is to get a barb fitting for the existing hose or get a piece of braided hose, and get a plug for the open end. a nylon fitting works well for this. a ball valve does the job too.
    Well, I wouldn't do that. The only reason I mentioned it was the OP did.
    If I were going to put a screw in it I would tap it and put the appropriate screw in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat_m View Post
    Yes then you can turn it on or off
    yes. you could keep the oem line and put a ball valve inline to turn that puppy on or off.
    with my situation being that i am the only one riding my ski unless it is the mechanic that is testing it.
    i have the need to set it up for how i like it only.
    there is only select people that i would let take it for a spin. mostly people that i personnaly know who have the skill to handle a modified craft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skewman View Post
    Yes that way I can turn it on or off as needed. If you do this make sure to use some 200psi hose cause the stock hose can't handle the pressure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information