FZR-Accleration vs Top End

Hello,

My top speed has gone from 66.1 to 70.00 with the vx plate, riva air filter and r&d grate and foam inserts removed. The impeller and manifold upgrade will hopefully be done soon. Even though my top end has increased, it seems the acceleration has gotten slower. Is this possible, or does it just seem slower? I'm guessing the impeller will help. There definately is cavitation when flooring from a dead stop, but anything after 20 seems slower.

Also, can removing the foam inserts raise the rpms? My stock tach goes beyond the 7500 now the inserts are gone.

Thank you for help,

Lou

dont even look at the stock rpm's cause its not right get the intake manifold up grade be for the prop and like everyone has told me a 100 times get a tach before you go and change the prop just to see where you are at before changing the prop

one step at a time

I have the tach which I will install next week. What should I be looking for rpm wise after I do the manifold upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    Hello,

My top speed has gone from 66.1 to 70.00 with the vx plate, riva air filter and r&d grate and foam inserts removed. The impeller and manifold upgrade will hopefully be done soon. Even though my top end has increased, it seems the acceleration has gotten slower. Is this possible, or does it just seem slower? I'm guessing the impeller will help. There definately is cavitation when flooring from a dead stop, but anything after 20 seems slower.

Also, can removing the foam inserts raise the rpms? My stock tach goes beyond the 7500 now the inserts are gone.

Thank you for help,

Lou
    Hello,

I installed the manifold upgrade, bov and tach the last three weeks Top speed has been 69.3 and 7720 to 7760 rpms. I am going to install the solas 13/22 prop this weekend the pump seal kit. What should my rpms be after the prop install?

Thanks for the help.

+1
    Get the ecu reflash. It's just too tough to keep off the rev limiter and you will save money and at least time simply with prop re-pitches.

I'm not sure what afr's would be with the R1 and stock wheel but I would totally recommend getting re-flashed just to get off the limiter (I fought this HARD last year). AFR'S need to be monitored with at least an LC-1 anyhoo.

Thread Information