Newbie to the old school yamaha world

Hey everyone, My name is Bunty...just got into the whole jet ski realm when I got introduced to it by the God of jetskis (In my opinion), Mike Peavler. Bought a '97 GP1200 from a gentleman down in Virginia (He's on this forum but I'll keep quiet for now) and turns out I got water in the engine and f**ked myself to point I was going to end up putting the same amount of money I paid for the ski just to get it back into running condition. (After opening up the top end of the engine, I think it was my fault the water got in the engine but the top end was crap before I bought it after being told I had a WELL-MAINTAINED ski by the seller) Long story short, I got rid of the gp 1200 and purchased a Raider instead. I don't know much about it besides it has a few mods here and there not much but just enough...just thought I'd give everyone a brief intro to who I am and I hope to see everyone around

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbadasay View Post
    Hey everyone, My name is Bunty...just got into the whole jet ski realm when I got introduced to it by the God of jetskis (In my opinion), Mike Peavler. Bought a '97 GP1200 from a gentleman down in Virginia (He's on this forum but I'll keep quiet for now) and turns out I got water in the engine and f**ked myself to point I was going to end up putting the same amount of money I paid for the ski just to get it back into running condition. (After opening up the top end of the engine, I think it was my fault the water got in the engine but the top end was crap before I bought it after being told I had a WELL-MAINTAINED ski by the seller) Long story short, I got rid of the gp 1200 and purchased a Raider instead. I don't know much about it besides it has a few mods here and there not much but just enough...just thought I'd give everyone a brief intro to who I am and I hope to see everyone around
    Welcome to G.H. Bunty Mike was going to bring the Raider to run my GP1200 he said it would put a hurtin on it.
    Im waiting on parts to put mine back together but when I get it done and Mike is back on the water you should come up with him and we can see who is faster lol.
    Welcome to GH start studying

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Welcome to G.H. Bunty Mike was going to bring the Raider to run my GP1200 he said it would put a hurtin on it.
    Im waiting on parts to put mine back together but when I get it done and Mike is back on the water you should come up with him and we can see who is faster lol.
    Welcome to GH start studying
    HaHa I was trying to keep low key by saying I have a Raider with a few mods here and there but that didn't last long. Honestly I don't know enough about gp1200s and raiders like you guys do to give any kind of real opinion but since the ski is mine now, I think I am going to have to say this amateur rider might be out in front lol I had it out on the water the other day and it definitely left me feeling like I was sitting on top of a water plane because I couldn't hear anything but the air screaming in my ear, the gp 1200 (stock) was NO WHERE near as fast as this. I am a pretty ballsy person but I couldn't stand on the back end to top out on speed but for more than 30 seconds cuz I could see myself (6'4") flying off the ski.

But I can say that Mike has definitely introduced me to a hobbie that I will definitely get my hands dirty with and if he does come up there, I'll be right behind him...

+1
    I hear you have a fast ski thats why I want to run against it.
    I have the same base motor as you I might have more than you though
    I should be back running soon im waiting on machine work that should be done soon.
    Then I will be ready for you I predict that the GP will be faster.
    Either way if I win or loose does not mater as long as both skis are running good who cares.

+1
    Bunty.....Ya know it's game now that we need to get that raider up there to run Scotty Boy's....GP. We need to go do some shimming on the plate...and do some low fuel runs to gather our data. =0)

Scotty has a fast GP....but will it get an edge in glass water on the Raider....dunno...only one way to find out.

BTW....your old "GP" should be running again by this weekend and the break in process begins. It needed a few extra parts "coupler grommet" to allow me to put it back together.

Lastly....I'm far from a "GOD" ...but I've worked on skis for 12 years....and at least know the 701's, 760, 1100 and 1200's pretty well =0)

+1
    Oh yeah....forgot to mention.....at some point I want to ride a fast ski since I'm stuck with a stock turd ski ....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I hear you have a fast ski thats why I want to run against it.
    I have the same base motor as you I might have more than you though
    I should be back running soon im waiting on machine work that should be done soon.
    Then I will be ready for you I predict that the GP will be faster.
    Either way if I win or loose does not mater as long as both skis are running good who cares.
    Well last year ya took a loss so wonder if this year you can beat the Raider ??

Thread Information