Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrow The facts about triple pipes..

So I'm looking at a set of used factory triple pipes for my 00 gp1200r....On there site they say an aftermarket ignition module is a MUST, is it an actual module or can I just change the timing without buying anything?
    What else would I NEEDD? Crank machining, different coupler, prop, lightened flywheel/modified stocker or anythingg else?

The ski will be premix and already has an intake grate and flame arrestors (might have a prop too)...Search function is taking way too long....

Thanks

+1
    At minimum you need an Advent Ignition or MSD, Advent is more user friendly. and Carbs will have to be re-jetted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    At minimum you need an Advent Ignition or MSD, Advent is more user friendly. and Carbs will have to be re-jetted.

+1

You will also need to have the Crank T&W due to the higher RPMs.

I love my tripples.............

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniumGPR View Post
    .Search function is taking way too long....

wow, tell that to all the people who have spent years giving their input and experience... That`s the problem with newbs, they want the info handed to them...
    grab yourself a beer or coffee and read...

Thumbs up

I just got the ski with a SBT motor with less than 3 hours on it...I'm not a big fan on sbt either but hey complete ski for $500 can't beat that. So according to the vid I seen on SBT they weld and true the crank to within .001 (per they say). So thats covered.

If I get the pipes I'll get the advent system.

I'm a newb with gp1200r's but not with 2 strokes or anything mechanically. I have a turboed fox stang with a stroker, Everything built and done by me, I've spent days online researching on what to do/what not to do, etc....Now I'm doing it with these things. I don't have much time anymore to do that with my job, I've helped out tons of newbs asking the same lame ass threads on my forums so I know how it is. Just trying to get an idea what I need or if I should get these pipes or not. We all know you can never find a straight answer out there, so that's just what I'm trying to do.

You can get away with a pro-tec modded stock ignition as well. They are what was used when factory pipes came out before there was advent, not everyone wanted to run MSD total loss. You can find one normally cheap.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MilleniumGPR View Post
    I just got the ski with a SBT motor with less than 3 hours on it...I'm not a big fan on sbt either but hey complete ski for $500 can't beat that. So according to the vid I seen on SBT they weld and true the crank to within .001 (per they say). So thats covered.

If I get the pipes I'll get the advent system.

I'm a newb with gp1200r's but not with 2 strokes or anything mechanically. I have a turboed fox stang with a stroker, Everything built and done by me, I've spent days online researching on what to do/what not to do, etc....Now I'm doing it with these things. I don't have much time anymore to do that with my job, I've helped out tons of newbs asking the same lame ass threads on my forums so I know how it is. Just trying to get an idea what I need or if I should get these pipes or not. We all know you can never find a straight answer out there, so that's just what I'm trying to do.
    If you are planing on going fast ,you may want to think about selling the motor and stinger pipe and find a built motor,,...
    I just cant see putting speed parts on sbt motor , oem motors have nic plated cyl's ,sbt dont - so you will be down on power from the start
    i would get that ski running and sell it for good money then save a little more cash and keep my eyes open for skis for sale from these guys here..

+1
    Triples make great power! A welded crank is something you should do. I know some have ran pipes on stock cranks and got away with it. Advent CDI,rejetted carbs, pump tunnel reinforcment, seal the pump shoe, 1200 grate, milled head, im a big fan of running fuel pressure guages also. A Solas 13/19 prop and 85mm nozzle. A Jim's plate will give some big #'s also! Yes, the PTO pipes can crack(others can also), you must pressure test the pipes before buying them. New kevlar rings and o-rings.

+1
    Something to think about, a well tuned 1390 engine on single pipe will run strong against the 1200 triple combo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information