Thread: FX SHO

FX SHO

good day everyone i,m looking for some advice on some upgrades for a stock fx sho i don't race just a social rider mainly in the ocean (Australia) if any could give some advice that would be great

riva or r&d free flow exhaust or you can make one yourself for under $10 and cold air intake u can make one urself or buy it. These mods give the machine a much nicer louder sound and a few extra ponies. and probably a little more fuel efficiency.

SHOBOATIN

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO OFF View Post
    good day everyone i,m looking for some advice on some upgrades for a stock fx sho i don't race just a social rider mainly in the ocean (Australia) if any could give some advice that would be great
    doing the freeflow and air intake mod is a good place to start. also the intake grate. get an r&d with the plug kit.
    with the air intake check out jet draft. aka jd1.
    some easy performance gain will be to locate the 4way. which is the water supply coming into the motor/ic from the pump. it is where the flush kit meets up with the water line. easy to find when tthe exhaust mod is done. the water supply for the ic is very restricted. drill that puppy out make the hole bigger and keep the oem ic cooler.
    those upgrades will not hurt your pocket book to much and it is upgrades you will feel a difference in the skiis performance.

Friebe Extended fuel cell and save the rest of your cash to fuel the beast and enjoy the day.

FX SHO

thanks a lot for your responses just wondering how do i make my own free flow exhaust and air intake ? i am a metal fabricator by trade so i can weld steel that is or stainless but how do you do it for $10 thanks again

+1
    I would suggest you wait for the SHO Rear Exhaust Kit or make one yourself. The noise coming from the Free Flow is more annoying than the the buzzing that you now hear the World Cup matches.

The throttle reposnse gain is good though. Had I known the noise it would create I would not have done the upgrade. BUT I don't want to sacrifice the performance so I'm stuck waiting for the rear exhaust. But if you do that type of work I would suggest you make the rear exhaust over the free flow.

But yes, the air intake (I personally did not see much if any performance gains with this, well I gained 0.2 mph but I didn't notice any throttle response). The RIVAs looks the best but it is NOT worth the money in my eyes. A piece of plastic and a filter. The JD is cheaper but I'm sure you could get something fabricated.

Intake Mani upgrade

Sponsons

Intake Grate and Ride Plate if you wish.

I believe the above can be done for under US 1,000 or right around there. Not sure about your customs and shipping though.

jims plate
    jd1 intake
    custom exhaust
    throw a wheel in it with powershot
    prop dialed in

This is what I am going to run on my SHO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO OFF View Post

Your first mods should be

Intake grate (either Riva or R&D)
    Riva Air intake
    Intake Manifold upgrade
    Riva free flow exhaust (or wait for Riva rear exhaust)
    Solas 13/22 impeller for above mods

If you want more than the above can offer then also use
    Riva B1 or R&D C3 supercharger upgrade
    R&D Powershot
    Skat 13/23 impeller instead of Solas 13/22

and there's plenty more available if you want more

Have a look at my build thread to see what kind of gains you can expect with just a few mods
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87711

Thread Information