Thread: Rear Tow Hooks

+1

Rear Tow Hooks

As I was testing the pro yesterday and tying it up to the dock. I see this ski needs way more attachment points on it. The rear grab rail does work if you want to trust it. I did. But it was calm and no pressure on it sitting there.

I wanted to run the ski at the dock and had nothing to tie it to. Yeah I know theres those 2 tie down rings on the back under the ski. I used 1 of those. what PITA. i had to turn around lay down on the seat, rock the ski to one side and reach under and put the line on in such a way that after I run the ski. I can can get the line off. bad enough the line is almost under the ski. Not a great place to tie too..

I think I'm goona be adding a tow hook somewhere in the back of the ski, that would be a good idea I think.. I like using it on my SLT. That way, when I'm sitting running it hard at the dock, I wont go anywhere and Be able to get to the line easily.. and keep the ski balanced. that pro rocks over to 1 side almost sinking it.. when ya throttle it. my siphon bilge was working from the pressure of the pump! I was cracking up watching that.

I'll have to reinforce it with 2 plates, not 1. Maybe even glass it in to distribute the load thats gonna be on it.. Would hate to rip a hole in the back of the ski! . And I bet A Pro785 can.

Has anyone ever had the same issues? what do you do? I was thinking under the handle 3 inches below it. or maybe another neat cleat! that would keep it flush. Maybe I can find the neighbor that sold me the first one. he had a bigger one that would work great, Super size! about 6 inches across all stainless.

I put a tow hook on my wife's 93 SL750 last summer. The one I put on has 2 mounting bolts. I formed a piece of 4" X 9" X 1/4" aluminum to fit on the inside then also put a piece 4" X 4" X 3/16" aluminum on also. I bought the tow hook from Overton's. It works very well, no signs of stress on the hull. We used it alot between tubing, kneeboarding and even tried to get the girls up on their wake board. Broke an old tow rope 3 times before they gave up on the wake board. The only decent picture I have is from last year. I wanted to take pictures today, but it seems we've killed another camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camp Seven 7-30 through 8-3 008.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	193724  

+1
    That looks good on there. yeah either a tow hook like off a slt or a neat cleat that collapes.. i see you used a couple pieces of alum to reinfore it and it works great! Thanks..

You know that legally the sl is 2 person ski and it needs to be a 3-seater for tubing. (a slt) A rider,a spotter and the skier all on 1 ski is the law in MI.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have a look here

Pop up cleats on a PWC.....

Thread Information