Air intake question

I have spent hours reading the threads on air intakes, but they all seem to aply to sc enigines. I have a 2002 gtx 4-tec 155 n/a and want to know what I can do.
    1. Does the rear intake tube need to be inplace or can I remove it but leave the center support open?
    2. Will flo-rite vents on the side of the glove box opaset the reverse handle help any?
    3. I gutted the oem intake box and installed a k & n filter on top near the rectifier. Should I start over with 3" or 4" kanaflex? Not sure how much my motor needs air wise?
    Thanks
    Any help would be great

update

Went back and put in 3" kanaflex for the intake, but still want to know if I can leave off the rear intake hose and if the flo-rites will help any.

Any help is welcome.

Obviously flo-rites will help bring cooler air in the engine compartment, but I am not sure if you would notice it on a non supercharged ski. Do you have a picture of the hose in the rear you are talking about?

thanks

The air intake tube that I am talking about is about 5" round and hooks to the black seat sorport over the engine and then goes to the bottom of the hull.

From my understanding the black hose is supposed to help bring cooler air into the engine compartment and would slow down water coming in if you were to flip it. Personally, I leave mine in. It's not like they weigh much.

Flow rite are a waste of time and money. ur ski is bringing fresh cold air from the front and hot exits from back vent so why would you cut holes and bring water in for ur ski when it has a perfectly working system.

Air pod mounted high were the steering is attached to kenaflex would work great and have minimum if nothing at all water being sucked depending on ur riding.

Update

thanks 270, I added 3" kanaflex hose topped with a K&N filter and secured it with zips ties high above the gas tank. I also cut an 1 1/2" hole in the air intake tube on the rev handle side near the top. It really brought the motor to life.

No problem if you have trouble with the Zips I can ask to get a bracket made up for you from seadoo center to mount it nice and high to the streering hinge.

Thread Information