Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Debating This One

Found a ski. Looks in decent shape. Think the price is good for the year?

$1500 OBO
    I have a 1994 Polaris SL650. Engine was rebuilt less than 30 hrs ago. Runs great, starts up every time and has been very reliable. Installed an Ocean Pro ride plate to keep it a little more stable when riding with a passenger or on very rough water. Very easy to get on and off of, very stable, pretty quick for a 650cc. Come with a 2 place PWC/Utility trailer. Price is negotiable, willing to separate trailer and machine.

+1
    need to see pics.. but i bought that same set up 8 years ago for the same price.

i think its high.

questions to ask

why did the motor fail?

fuel pump upgrade?

compression?

it could me more or less then 30 hours.. there is no hour meter on thouse skis

they are very playful skis! i had fun on mine for along time.. top speed is 45ish

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Personally,I wouldn't buy a 650, I'd go 750.Just more motor. And sure wouldn't buy a 650 with the small pump.The '94 I think is the bigger 148mm pump. You are in Canada and it seems skis run higher prices up there. I'd still say that is the top dollar for that ski anywhere.

I appreciate the info guys. Maybe I'll offer $900 and see what happens. The pics actually look pretty good....no damage from what I can see. No pics of the engine though.

+1
    i would keep looking for a 750/780 or even a sl 700, but i would think 900 would be fair.. whats the trailer like?

It would need some adjustments make make it a true ski trailer, but that is something I can do quite easily.

This would be my first ski, so starting out small.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0679l93_20.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	193709   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6409mnb_20.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	193710   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7350med_20.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	193711  

+1
    i bet you could find something with a little more power and a single trailer for what they are asking. if you can get them down great!

dont get me wrong.. i loved my sl650 when i had it.. and its a good machine. just trying to give you some insight

Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    i bet you could find something with a little more power and a single trailer for what they are asking. if you can get them down great!

dont get me wrong.. i loved my sl650 when i had it.. and its a good machine. just trying to give you some insight
    I appreciate the help. I just thought this would be a good little machine to get back on the water with. I've ridden a lot when we had the cottage years ago, but when the cottage sold, so did the toys. I'll keep searching....if this one pans out, fantastic. If not, such is life.

I have a sl650. it's a nice ski. Good power and easy to work on. But $1500 is a little too much in my opinion. I got mine for $250, with trailer. All it needed was a new fuel pump & lines. Carbs needed to be cleaned too. You can find a 750 or larger at a better price I think. Espcially one that would come with a real jetski trailer instead of a utility trailer.

I'm sure there are some really great deals out there to be found.....I just haven't found them yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information