Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Free flow tube burst

IM WONDERING IF THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ANYBODY ITS A 06 GP WITH A 05 215 IN IT WITH MC1 WATER BOX AND RIVA OPEN LOOP KIT WITH THERMOSTAT THIS IS THE SECOND FREE FLOW I POP!!! LOOKS LIKE IF ITS TO MUCH PRESSURE WHEN IT HIT WATER AND POPS FROM SALTWATER CHOP AND JUMPING WAVES AND RIDING THROUGTH THE CHOP GUESS LANDING ON THE LIMITER MAKES THIS HAPPEN SORRY YES I RIDE THIS THING LIKE IF I STOLE IT! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK AND ITS NOT THE HOSE POPING OFF IT ACTUALLY RIPS THIS THING ALMOST IN HALF

+1
    Happened to me last yeat @ MB right in the middle of the tube.

I ended up cutting it and using the aluminum insert in the middle with no problems after.

Banned User
    Thats why I decided to get Mark at Race-Tech to do all my tubes out of metal, I have seen too many rubber style pipes get spongy and or burst. There are obviously still rubber couplers, but its less likely to have a failure.

Be happy you didnt end up in the bottom of the lake!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Happened to me last yeat @ MB right in the middle of the tube.

I ended up cutting it and using the aluminum insert in the middle with no problems after.

i thougth of that till my second blew up by the bend bend so my next option is have some 1 make it stailess or aluminun wich is gonna be a bitch since i like my stuff to look good n clean and use couplers at the end and hopefully its good

+1
    it happened to me not to long ago.....when i had a look inside my free flow it looked to me it got real real hot inside and split in the centre.....so i put a extra water line going into my water box and i havnt had a problem since....im yet to pull it off and have a look how it is going...

dont leave your ski onto long when its on the hose as your not get much water to the water box when flushing the ski.....

how long has the hose been on there??????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by henn View Post
    Thats why I decided to get Mark at Race-Tech to do all my tubes out of metal, I have seen too many rubber style pipes get spongy and or burst. There are obviously still rubber couplers, but its less likely to have a failure.

Be happy you didnt end up in the bottom of the lake!!
    how much did it cost you to get that FF tube done??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by deansta View Post
    it happened to me not to long ago.....when i had a look inside my free flow it looked to me it got real real hot inside and split in the centre.....so i put a extra water line going into my water box and i havnt had a problem since....im yet to pull it off and have a look how it is going...

dont leave your ski onto long when its on the hose as your not get much water to the water box when flushing the ski.....

how long has the hose been on there??????
    i dont think its a heat issue i think its more of a pressure problem cuz doesent look like its deformed or melted i mean i may be wrong but thats what it seems like also when its cold and idles it wobles like crazy so i can imagin when hitting it hard on the chop does

Banned User
    the tubes get hot, then get a spongy spot where it has deteriorated from the inside out, then it falis. you say you like it to look clean, well stainless looks really clean, and if you dont want to have to keep cleaning it, get it powder coated of even paint it black.

http://www.racetechpowersports.com/e...for_Seadoo.htm

is this what you would need? $95 dont seem too bad!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powerflow300.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	193797  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlamazing View Post
    i dont think its a heat issue i think its more of a pressure problem cuz doesent look like its deformed or melted i mean i may be wrong but thats what it seems like also when its cold and idles it wobles like crazy so i can imagin when hitting it hard on the chop does
    If it was a pressure issue, my stock sound supression would have popped long ago. I'm with Dean that its more likely to be heat related.

Banned User
    I vote heat aswell.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information