slt 750 questions

first off im a newb so bare with me, i recently purchased two 95 slt 750s and one of them has a bad piston on the magside i figured it went becase of the fuel pump so i pulled a tripple outlet type off a snowmobile i had layin around so my question is could a guy get away with slapin a used jug and piston on it and upgrade to the tripple outlet fuel pump, there wasnt a hole in it yet just a good sized divit and scoring, as for the running ski i will be putting on the same kind of fuel pump but i wanted to know where i can get carb rebuild kits and also think i want to replace reeds while i am in there, is pop off presser a need to check when i do this or do you think it will be ok, also should i take out the t stats on them so they wont clog with debrise, any tips and parts would be greatly appriciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Rebuild those carbs for sure.

And replace all the fuel lines.

I just bought a Polaris PWC - what should I do?
    What to do to get it running, keep it running, and avoid potential damage

Polaris PWC Parts Sources

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

You can just swap out the piston to keep costs down.

BUT, make sure there is no debris in the crankshaft bearings.

ok replace fuel lines, should i use the transperent kind or the black rubber lines like what its got right now? and the cylinder on the one is kinda scratched up so i guess i will try honing it and see if it cleans up, also i was wondering if the oil injection systems on these skis are very problematic because i would like to keep it but if they are known engine killers i will definatly get rid it. and can you get aftermarket reeds that will boost up the power a bit or are you limited to the stockers? oh yeah and the carbs look kinda complicated when i look at them are they as hard to rebuild as they look or are they pretty straight forward?

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brickhousen View Post
    ok replace fuel lines, should i use the transperent kind or the black rubber lines like what its got right now? and the cylinder on the one is kinda scratched up so i guess i will try honing it and see if it cleans up, also i was wondering if the oil injection systems on these skis are very problematic because i would like to keep it but if they are known engine killers i will definatly get rid it. and can you get aftermarket reeds that will boost up the power a bit or are you limited to the stockers? oh yeah and the carbs look kinda complicated when i look at them are they as hard to rebuild as they look or are they pretty straight forward?
    Some people like the transparent lines and some prefer the black rubber ones. The transparent ones tend to get hard and brittle unless you find some high quality lines. Either will work, but make sure you use good quality clamps so that you don't get air leaks and bubbles entering your fuel lines. The cylinder could be honed but it will depend on how bad the scratches are. Post a pic or two and you may get more feedback in this regard. As for the oil injection, some leave it and some remove it and run premix. The system itself seems reliable, but replace the oil lines if you choose to keep it. If you lose an oil line, you lose your motor. I switched to premix for peace of mind. Aftermarket reeds are available, others may have more information about these. As far as the carbs, easy to rebuild and is pretty much standard maintenance on carbureted ski's. There is more information in the link in my signature.

Thread Information