Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

New MACSBOOST IC pic in Watercraft World!

http://www.supermotors.net/watercrafts/registry/media/437719_1

Thanks to John for the scan!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i actually just walked in the door and was going thru the mag and was readin ur advertisement article...

i got a buddy i think i could con into buying ur kit, i wanna play with his honda a little bit...

with the intercooler, ECU module, air filter and breather as suggested... what can one expect for top speed (ballpark of course)

+1
    I'm tryin to get my honda buddy out of the back of the group, and buy that kit too He already has the air filter. Is the wear ring stainless? What should I pitch his prop Rpms too, and what R's is the limiter set at?

Thanks Jason

+1
    The limiter is 6600rpm, so you need to be at 6500 with the stage II kit.

peak speed depends on the ski, but I guarantee you will be faster with one heck of a better holeshot.

I admit, the peak speeds are a bit dissapointing hp for hp, but the hondas dont loose much speed in chop and will suprise some RXPs and RXTs in real world conditions. The extra drag and resulting relatively "low" top end makes for a very good handling machine. Theres no doubt that the HP is there as the acceleration is wicked.

The beauty of the kit is it is easy to install, no guesswork and does not compromise reliability.

Believe it or not, I didnt pay for that spot in the magazine. They are very eager to be the first ones to publish information on an exciting new product! The Honda market has long been ignored. Thank you Watercraft World for your help! They are wanting to do an install article and test. Stay Tuned for that!
    Last edited by supermac; 09-28-2006 at 10:01 PM.

+1
    Congrats Mac. I don't think there is anything wrong with posting some ACTUAL numbers. Everyone knows they are slower than other brands. But to improve, SOMEBODY needs to post a baseline.

Stock=60mph.
    Macboost=???

If the Honda platform is to ever improve, you guys need to pull back the covers and let everyone get involved. If the Honda faithful is HAPPY with 59-60, then I'm sure they will be loving higher speeds.

If I had a Honda, I'd post the crap out of them.

+1
    I dont feel comfortable posting speeds as they vary widely due to weather and boat. This industry is full of bogus claims and I dont feel like jumping in.

My HP claims are real and I let my customers speak for themselves. I would encourage you to look at actual customer experiences that are posted on the web to get a good idea of peak speeds.

I have one customer that is going 69.8mph on gps with a MACSBOOST stage II equipped R12X but he has some other "drag reducing" work going on. Yes, this is radically faster than just bolting on a stage II kit, but I am still in development of these other parts. Stay tuned.

+1
    Then post your speeds with RAD and mods. This industry is ALSO full of great folks with REAL WORLD SPEEDS.

I'd love to hear about the 69mph Honda. Unfortunately all I see are RUMORS of fast Honda's.

THIS IS THE WEB. Post away!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys
    Then post your speeds with RAD and mods. This industry is ALSO full of great folks with REAL WORLD SPEEDS.

I'd love to hear about the 69mph Honda. Unfortunately all I see are RUMORS of fast Honda's.

I can hit 65 on smooth water with a stock hull. I also have jetwings but they do not affect speed.

Salt water seems to be a bit faster according to customer feedback. My ski has never seen salt so I cant tell you.

I raced my R in the endurance race this year at the LKN watercraft challenge. I holeshotted 2 of the 3 rxps I was racing. It took about 30 min for the last RXP to finally pass me. Thats not bad for a slow Honda.
    Last edited by supermac; 09-28-2006 at 11:39 PM.

+1
    Saw that intercooler in WW. Looks sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys

My '03 R-12X averages 63mph (GPS) with Mac's stage II setup with the stock boost tube, 91 pump gas, the Solas 17/29 impeller and stock intake grate & sponsons.

It'd probably push 65mph if I wanted to start my race gas addiction all over again and change up the boost tubes. They do run much better with race gas once you start messing with the boost. Mine still cuts back a bit at times while running WOT on 91 with this setup. I put up with it as it only happens after running WOT for at least 3-4 minutes. I might load up on race gas and change tubes the next time we hit the Delta. A friend of mine has a Nitro stage 1 kit (including the intercooler) that he's putting on his R-12X and I don't want to get dusted too badly

But it's like substance abuse, you really don't want to go there unless you're prepared to stay at that level. You know what they say, "absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information