Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    SHO vs 255hp sea poo

    hey guys,
    My buddy bought a sea doo rxp-x i think. It says 255 on the side so i think its rated at 255 hp. I have a home made free flow exhaust and cold air intake on my 08 sho. We raced 3 times twice from stand still and once from 40mph. I won all three times and i probably have about 90lbs body weight on him. I thought these sea doos were supposed to be faster than the sho's. I took off faster and kept pulling the entire time. Is it possible that the mods i have and 94 octane make that much of a difference? I was stoked that i won though he was tellin everybody on the beach to watch him spank my Yamajunk.

    SHOBOATIN


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBOATIN View Post
    hey guys,
    My buddy bought a sea doo rxp-x i think. It says 255 on the side so i think its rated at 255 hp. I have a home made free flow exhaust and cold air intake on my 08 sho. We raced 3 times twice from stand still and once from 40mph. I won all three times and i probably have about 90lbs body weight on him. I thought these sea doos were supposed to be faster than the sho's. I took off faster and kept pulling the entire time. Is it possible that the mods i have and 94 octane make that much of a difference? I was stoked that i won though he was tellin everybody on the beach to watch him spank my Yamajunk.

    SHOBOATIN
    I also have one SHO 08 i raced 2 times one sea doo rxp-x(stock) and one rxp(stock) and they cant keep up with me.My mods are the same as yours but i use 95 octane

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    235
    +1
    1
    I had an 08 RXP-X and a SHO and the PX smoked the SHO everytime off the line. Top end was about the same and both were stock.

  4. #4
    Just want to ride.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sumner, WA
    Posts
    413
    +1
    5

    Breakin

    Might be different after he gets a few hours on that ski. Water conditions make a difference as well. You have the advantage in chop, he's going to be faster in smoother water. The 255 will be faster than a basically stock SHO once fully broken in.

    BTW - I'm a Yamaha guy, but clear headed enough to acknowledge the truth.......

    Sean

  5. #5
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Does the guy have any riding experience? That does play a big part of the hole shot.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by washingtonrider View Post
    Might be different after he gets a few hours on that ski. Water conditions make a difference as well. You have the advantage in chop, he's going to be faster in smoother water. The 255 will be faster than a basically stock SHO once fully broken in.

    BTW - I'm a Yamaha guy, but clear headed enough to acknowledge the truth.......

    Sean
    They should rename sea-doo to lake-doo. In sea you cant always have calm water. In lake the winner is sea doo but in sea it's YAMAHA.Very nearly 70 % of the Earth is ocean.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by adamos View Post
    They should rename sea-doo to lake-doo. In sea you cant always have calm water. In lake the winner is sea doo but in sea it's YAMAHA.Very nearly 70 % of the Earth is ocean.
    Are you serious? I take it you have not read much about the RXT-X 260. IMO it will eat the SHO's breakfast offshore once some mods start to come out. I'm interested in seeing how a modded RXT-X 260 does vs a turbo 260X offshore.

  8. #8
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,340
    +1
    121
    These threads make me laugh.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    Are you serious? I take it you have not read much about the RXT-X 260. IMO it will eat the SHO's breakfast offshore once some mods start to come out. I'm interested in seeing how a modded RXT-X 260 does vs a turbo 260X offshore.
    Rode a T-X 260 yesterday. I like my SHO. It's personal preference. JMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    These threads make me laugh.
    +1

  10. #10
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    These threads make me laugh.
    +2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yamaha FX Cruiser SHO VS Sea Doo RXT X ??????
    By superdavid in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
  2. So I tested a Stock SHO vs a Sea Doo IS 260...
    By SlowStang305 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 11:27 PM
  3. FX-sho vs Rxt vs 250x
    By Brett541 in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 09:22 PM
  4. boattest.com video SHO vs 250 vs RXT
    By DubelTrubel in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM
  5. Sea Poo films
    By christian gpr in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •