sl hull choppy water = ouch

i discovered my sl900 dosnt handle all that well in choppy water flying off the thing a 40+ kinda hurt got used to a 3 seater seadoo that kinda cuts through the chop this thing bounces through the chop oh well guess i learned my lesson

yeha i know what u mean, ive learnt to stand or to jump up with the chop as it hits lol and im running a slt 780, its more fun though and u feel the work out afterwards

+1
    are you sitting down while you got thrown? or a race manuvuer you couldn't handle? ryan has a 1050 and runs his all the time at high speed and messing around he doesnt fall off too easily. what happened? was it raining or big waves or doing crazy stuff? just riding shouldnt throw ya off. do you stand up or squat or superman or sit down?

all require different techniques while riding on glass or the rough..

you could upgrade to a better rideplate to keep you stable and maybe a more agressive intake grate.. does it have sponsons on it? that keeps you stable at speed too.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    What do you call choppy? 40+ off of tsunami waves would hurt anyone!

+1
    I have the same ski. It is near impossible to sit on your ski doing 40+ in heavy chop you need to be standing to a degree to stay on. When I consider this I'm thinking chop anything above 1 footers. In a swell, 5 foot plus I can't do more than 25-30 even then I'm getting plenty of air and riding in a standing position. If I punched through these conditions at wot I'm sure they would be recovering my body in New Zealand. The SL hull isn't designed for a comfortable open water ride, but heck its a fun ride

+1
    My sl1050 is a handful in chop also if i keep it around 30 on the mfd its fine but 35 & up is a very wet ride. It does help if i set the trim 3 marks up from halfway on the mfd,but you still need to be hanging on because if it really hooks up and you are not ready you will be floating in the water saying (what happened)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dess03 View Post
    i discovered my sl900 dosnt handle all that well in choppy water flying off the thing a 40+ kinda hurt got used to a 3 seater seadoo that kinda cuts through the chop this thing bounces through the chop oh well guess i learned my lesson
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    are you sitting down while you got thrown? or a race manuvuer you couldn't handle? ryan has a 1050 and runs his all the time at high speed and messing around he doesnt fall off too easily. what happened? was it raining or big waves or doing crazy stuff? just riding shouldnt throw ya off. do you stand up or squat or superman or sit down?

all require different techniques while riding on glass or the rough..

you could upgrade to a better rideplate to keep you stable and maybe a more agressive intake grate.. does it have sponsons on it? that keeps you stable at speed too.
    my sl1050 is a handful in the bad chop.. never bucked off this ski yet, you got to play around and see what feels right when you ride.. but i think that if you know your sl you can handle it, i dont think its horable in bad waters.. you just need to be alert, get off your butt and slow down a bit

i stand most of the time on this machine, i love taking this out on the chop but i dont expext to go long distances when its super bad out.. it beats you pretty good. but what i normaly do is hold wfo and hope for the best.

i just fixed my trim so im still playing around with that, but i like to be at an agle when i ride, not stright up and down

if you really want a thrill superman it at full blast in chop, ive bounced off the seat and landed in the foot well before lol..

na i was sitting close to the bars hopped over the top of one wave and landed right on the top of the next one kinda tiltted to the right side when i landed and bounced me off ski is all stock ride plate and sponsons only ther second time i have ridden the ski guess i should have gotten alittle more used to it b4 i started tring to get spunky on it and btw while i was out i managed to break the plastic pitch ring around my output how i did that is beyond me

+1
    if ya were going just a tad faster, you would have hit the backside of the wave perfectly!.

It just takes practice in 2 footers first. I can jump 2 waves and land on the backside of the 3rd in 3 footers. but,, if you miss the 3rd and your short..... youll submarine the bow for a second or 2.. about 300 gallons worth. hold on tight! bath time! they are a riot!.

Last year at jobbie nooner with my dog zora, we were jumping waves for 8 miles to get there. and then I missed one! the dog was underwater for like 2 seconds.lol she looked at me like WTF dad!.. shes a trooper! Still didn't fall off.. Amazing........

Trim always all the way up and lean back sorta standing.. then when ya get tired, slow down and just cruise for a bit..

Less than a full tank of gas helps too. the bows too heavy when loaded to the max. take nothing with you up in the tray also.except the extingusher.

Thread Information