+1

MSX 150 Overheat alarm ??

My friend has two MSX 150s, one of them has a problem with the over temp alarm coming on when idling then going into limp mode. He says the coolant level is normal and the exchanger is not plugged. I haven't looked at it yet, I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff but he's not. Any ideas on where to start looking ? Anybody else have similar problems ? I'm thinking if the cooling system looks good then maybe a bad sensor.

Thanks
    Chris

+1
    Nobody else has had similar problems ?

+1
    what is water temp now (lake -ocean)

later cd

+1

Overheat Alarm

ok a few questions here. as mentioned what is you riding water temp? have you ever started the unit without any water? if so how long? the reason being is that you can cook that exhaust temp sensore very easily if you run it more than 30-40 seconds with no water running through the exhaust. have you sucked up anything lately? have you beached it reacently? please check the back screen in the venturi housing to make sure it is free and clear. also make sure that your closed water side is pumping water(remove coolant bottle cap and see if it is pissing out water from small hose off the side of bottle you might have to give to smome rpm to see) make sure that you run the boat in reverse out of the water so it does not over-rev and over boost. let us know what you find. also how long do you ride it until the light comes on. do this simple test if it is circulation water and the screen in the back of the venturi housing is clear. when the light comes on remove seat and drizzle some water on the exhaust manifold. if it sizzles it is too hot. if it does not disconnect the single blue wire going to the back side of the exhaust manifold and ride it and see if it comes on. if it stays off and the manifold id cool then you need a new exhaust temp sensor. it could also be a stuck thermostat but start there and let us know.

+1
    Not sure on the water temp, probably high 60's to low 70's. This happened at a beach off the west coast pacific ocean.

polaristech
    Thats what I was looking for some ideas on where to start. I haven't seen the machine yet, I'm supposed to get together with him early next week. I'll print this out run through it with the owner and let you know what I find.

Thanks
    Chris

Thread Information