+1

2nd test ride... not too good

Took my ski for it's second test ride tonight. I decided to stay close so I went 2 blks down to the river and dumped it in. It fired right up and away I went ziging and a zaging. It ran fine for 3/4 of mile and then stalled. It started right back up but then stalled. It fired up several times and stalled. Then nothing. Luckily the river is 4 ft deep, so I walked the ski 3/4 mile back to the ramp. I got home pulled the plugs and they were fouled, black as the night. I put a fresh set of plugs in and it started briefly, but shook like crazy. Is it flooded? What would cause it to stall and foul out the plugs? I couldn't get it to restart yet.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    those RFI's need a strong battery to run properly from what i've heard or read somewhere...but i do know that their is a revised "rectifier" for those that seem to control the RFI system better,checkout the store here ir go to seadoosource.com goodluck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    those RFI's need a strong battery to run properly from what i've heard or read somewhere...but i do know that their is a revised "rectifier" for those that seem to control the RFI system better,checkout the store here ir go to seadoosource.com goodluck
    Battery has been on a float charge and checked out good. Seadoosource is in South America I believe until the end of the month.

+1
    Got a chance to look at it tonight after work and I was reading the manual last night. I got it started it ran rough at first. Looks like I had to much lubrication and the cable either partially came off the pump or I didn't get it on correctly. Probably the later.After it started I ran it on the hose for a few minutes and then checked the plugs. They appeared to have a lot oil on them. When reading the lubrication section of the manual I found that I hadn't aligned the marks on the pump. So I have aligned the marks and hopefully this takes care of my problem.

+1
    my RFI did the same thing. ended up being the fuel pump. it would prime the line fine allowing it to start, but it would not maintain the pressure causing it to die out after a few seconds.

pull your injectors out and hold them onto the fuel rail, (ground your plug wires) and have someone hold the start button. watch the injectors, they should both squirt and keep sqruiting as long as you hold the start button. mine did at first but then died off to air after about 5 secs. the lack of fuel but not oil is why it is fouling the plugs.

that is a quick test. to properly test it you need a pressure test gauge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    my RFI did the same thing. ended up being the fuel pump. it would prime the line fine allowing it to start, but it would not maintain the pressure causing it to die out after a few seconds.

pull your injectors out and hold them onto the fuel rail, (ground your plug wires) and have someone hold the start button. watch the injectors, they should both squirt and keep sqruiting as long as you hold the start button. mine did at first but then died off to air after about 5 secs. the lack of fuel but not oil is why it is fouling the plugs.

I was able to run mine on the hose for a few minutes, until I shut it off. Coud it still be the fuel pump?

+1
    it could be a number of things. do the test i previously discribed to point you in the right direction. its not a confirmation but its a start. it at least confrims that your injectors are working and tells you that its getting fuel.

+1
    it could be a number of things. do the test i previously discribed to point you in the right direction. its not a confirmation but its a start. it at least confrims that your injectors are working and tells you that its getting fuel.
    Will do! I gotta get this ready to have some fun!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    I put in a new DEKA AGM 325 CCA battery. The old battery was 275 CCA AGM. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet. I need to test the rectifier to rule that out.

Seems like I'm getting fuel, but I want to pressure test it also. My brothers gonna bring his guage out so I can run a test.

+1
    put another rectifier (borrowed from my brothers ski)i. I took it out on the river and it stalled after 10 minutes or so, It restarted and I went back to my trailer, I pulled a plug and it look ok. My ski started back up and away I went. I road for at least 45 min with no problems. On semi hard turn it stalled and would not restart. I swapped my plugs, but could not get it to restart. I think I fried the starter solenoid, it just clicks.

Thread Information