Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

does macs F15x ecu etc raise rpm and could you or should you repitch?

it's all in the subject line

it does raise rpm, stock works fine, repitched only reduece cavitation.

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post

Banned User

macs ecu

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    it really doesnt make a diffence what it will do is let you go up on boost and by doing that it retards the timing but makes your engine run hotter

+1
    i was thinking lower the rpm with a taller prop

Quote Originally Posted by 1fasthonda View Post
    it really doesnt make a diffence what it will do is let you go up on boost and by doing that it retards the timing but makes your engine run hotter
    and lean at WOT with real bad results over time, like BLOWN ENGINE, just like mine did, melt the pistons rings scratch the cylinder walls, etc etc, whatch out for macboost ecu, that is a time bomb and will explode after 40 or 50 hours like mine did..

+1
    The limit is set at 7300 soft limit with a 7450 hard limit. When it reaches 7300 it cuts every other cylinder. At 7450 everything is cut. A 150rpm split seems to work the best.

It is programmable and you can set it anywhere you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by hondarrr View Post
    and lean at WOT with real bad results over time, like BLOWN ENGINE, just like mine did, melt the pistons rings scratch the cylinder walls, etc etc, whatch out for macboost ecu, that is a time bomb and will explode after 40 or 50 hours like mine did..
    You sir . . . are a real piece-of-work. Please don't bring your foolishness to the 'hulk. The failure was you - not the performance package you bought.

was thinking of increasing revs,
    what is hondarrr talking bout

Quote Originally Posted by tominaustin View Post
    You sir . . . are a real piece-of-work. Please don't bring your foolishness to the 'hulk. The failure was you - not the performance package you bought.
    Tominaustin, may be you are the real piece-of-work and foolish here, that is talking with no facts what so ever, 3 mechanics look at my engine and they all said that the cause of the problem was that the engine was running lean at wot, so my aftermarket ecu is the one that controls the fuel not me, I was not the one who program the ecu nor invented it so how can you blame me for it.
    By the way this is a forum where people want to know and have some feed back specialy on performance parts, so I have to let them know that macs ecu blow up my ski and when I called him to let him know about the problem he did nothing about it. that's a very good information for people that have it so they can do something before is to late, like adding fuel pressure regulator, boost gauge, A/F gauge, and check for blow by if they have being using this kit for a while, is my dutty to inform every one that owns one so they don't blow up their ski like mine did.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by richie77 View Post
    was thinking of increasing revs,
    what is hondarrr talking bout
    READ POST (9) I had macsboost kit and I have a Blown Ski now.

An engine can run lean for a lot of reasons (many of which were mentioned) one of them being the ECU. You kept mentioning DETONATION - yet your pics did not show that.

Have you properly diagnosed why you think your motor ran lean? That is, did your esteemed mechanics check the injectors, look for intake leaks, or look for a blockage in the fuel system - prior to pointing the finger at the ECU?

Most importantly - did you show the links/pics I provided pointing to oil starvation/lack of lubricity to your mechanics? You'll notice that the pics of the pistons look EXACTLY like the pics you provided.

TomInAustin

PS: When you get your engine rebuilt, I suggest that you let someone else break it in properly, use factory Honda oil for the first 50 hours or so, do compression checks/leakdown checks periodically, and look at your spark plugs after every outing (especially if you don't clean the injectors and flush entire fuel system)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information