gp1200r no power no start new battery

guys hello, i went to break the ski out for the first time this season and with a new battery i do not get a beep, no display, and no pv servos moving. hit the starter and i hear it hit hard but does not turn over. any ideas? main fuse appears fine thanks for the help

+1
    Look at the Bendix in the parts film online sounds like thats your prob. part number 6M6 8183E 00 00

would the bendix affect the display and beep though?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j240 View Post
    would the bendix affect the display and beep though?
    No. So I guess your display dosent even work? Did you charge the new battery?

+1
    I would do a check all the electrical connections, unplug each one and plug back in. Might have gotten some corrosion sitting all winter.

new battery was charged . yep i'm, going to try to unplug each connection as you suggest tonight. is there a particular fuse for the display, i already pulled the main fuse thinking it may reset but didn't work.
    i forget but shouldn't the display come on when i press the start button without the laynard in? thank for the help damm ski i was so hoping to go out !! its never easy!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j240 View Post
    new battery was charged . yep i'm, going to try to unplug each connection as you suggest tonight. is there a particular fuse for the display, i already pulled the main fuse thinking it may reset but didn't work.
    i forget but shouldn't the display come on when i press the start button without the laynard in? thank for the help damm ski i was so hoping to go out !! its never easy!!!
    Tell me about it. I rebuilt my motor last year and am doing it again this year. No you have to have the lanyard on to get the display to work.

+1
    No you have to have the lanyard in for the display to activate when the start button is pressed

ok got the motor to turn over with a pipe wrench with the intake grate removed. still stater wud not turn it over. the battery cable got really hot so i took out the starter, it spun ok removed and hooked up to the battery but when i grabbed the gear end with a wrench and hit the start button it did not seem very strong at all thought i should have had to really hold on but i didn't. sounds like its the starter any thoughts?

Thread Information