Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Looking for Buckshot 50mm Carb Jets????

As the title says, Im looking for an asortment of jets for the Buckshot 50mm Carbs.... I heard all of the Mikini Jets an needles work in the buckshots but I was unsure... Anyone with any experiance with these Carbs that might know where to find parts for them I would gladly appreciate it...

The jets are the small mikuni like in the sbn carbs. The needles and seats could be mikuni or they may be an automotive type. If you have the automotive type I have the pn for them and you can get those from a local auto parts. The springs are mikuni.

What are you looking to change about your setup?

+1
    Another one of my friends bought a level 2 Ultra with a hurt #3 Piston... It has the Modified stock CV carbs on it an I dont know much about them so im thinking about putting my stock Carbs on his ski an throwing on my Buckshots off my Big Bore triple pipe ski on my my single pipe Ultra since its down right now anyway... Ive been around standalone engine Managment systems the last 10 years of my life but never tuned a set of carbs so it should be interesting..lol. Might be needing some assistance on this one..lol

You carbs would probably run lean. you would be better off with the modded carbs on the level 2. Steve usually recommends a/m carbs on the level 2. What was the damage on the hurt piston?

I can get you close on the jetting for your stock ski if you decide to go that way.

+1
    I actually have a set of cylinders/stock heads with some Wiseco pistons im putting on his motor thats why I figured Id throw my stock carbs on there for reliability purposes at first... There is 3/8 hole threw the middle of one of the flat top pistons an I didet know what kind of task it would be to get another one,thats another reason on going to the other cylinders an pistons... But yeah Morris any help at all with setting up these buckshots would be great!! Think I should call up Mikuni an order there whole jet kit? Just unsure of where to get parts for those things..

This should help http://ultra150.yuku.com/topic/3355

I have bought jets from atlantic jet sports and carb parts warehouse. You might want to open the carbs up and see whats in them before you go too far. I would check the pop off and probably get a selection of springs and jets.

You can get those flat top pistons from steve at skiworx.

+1
    I would love to just buy a single piston off steve at skiworks but he told me he dosent have them in stock an who knows how long it would take him to get me 1 or 3... What really sucks is I miced the cylinders an Pistons I bought from someone off Ebay an the Jackass sold me 80.50mm Pistons an a standard bore Cylinders :-/..My luck!! So now im on the hunt for one of these Stock bore Flat-top Pistons or looking for a good deal on three stock pistons an three stock heads... You wouldent happen to have any of those parts laying around you'd wanna sell would you? .. Oh' an btw thanks for the carb lead with atlantic an carb parts. I'll check them out asap.. As soon as I get this motor delima figured out I'll be all over it..An btw have you or anyone u know used the advent tach w/ the EGT parameters? Thinking of ordering one in the next day or so..

Alot of times he doesnt like to break up sets. When he is cutting pistons he will cut singles. You might check into buying a full set, he may have those ready to go. Then you would have 2 spares left.

Here is another possibility put stock pistons in those level 2 cylinders and put 42cc heads on it. I assume it has either skiworx or ada billet heads so all you would have to do is change domes. I havent tried that combo but it should work.

I have one of those data tachs on my 04. I use the probs with my tripple setup but dont have it set up for a single pipe. It has some nice features but the price is pretty steep.

+1
    I wouldent mind buying a set but he told me he dident have any in stock so who knows.. Its definatly looking like im going the stock piston route but im having a rough time finding a set... Guess I'll post up on both boards in classifieds.. But yeah I spoke with Advent an it seemed a little expensive but i think having the feed back will be worth it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information