Thread: SUCCESS!!!

SUCCESS!!!

HEY guys. I just got back from taking my 8 yr old daughter out and we had a blast. I'd say, Another couple of hours tweaking and she's as good as new. found a loose wire, handlebars need adjusting, and need to go ahead and buy new seals for the lid.

640 runs pretty quick. I wasn't expecting that.

All in all, Don't think I'd paint another one, but heck a good buff job and they look good as new!

Premix all the way!

I noticed that the prop shaft gets REALLY hot. I think it's the friction from the water; is that correct? I mean, the motor is running a good temp and it's cool in the engine compartment, so that's the only reason I can see the shaft getting hot. I'll have to check the fluid again and make sure it's ok, but how much fluid is the housing supposed to take? I read "online" and I have common sense, so it seemed an appropriate amount.
    Last edited by wayneosan; 06-24-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneosan View Post
    HEY guys. I just got back from taking my 8 yr old daughter out and we had a blast. I'd say, Another couple of hours tweaking and she's as good as new. found a loose wire, handlebars need adjusting, and need to go ahead and buy new seals for the lid.

640 runs pretty quick. I wasn't expecting that.

All in all, Don't think I'd paint another one, but heck a good buff job and they look good as new!

Premix all the way!

I noticed that the prop shat gets REALLY hot. I think it's the friction from the water; is that correct? I mean, the motor is running a good temp and it's cool in the engine compartment, so that's the only reason I can see the shaft getting hot. I'll have to check the fluid again and make sure it's ok, but how much fluid is the housing supposed to take? I read "online" and I have common sense, so it seemed an appropriate amount.
    Are you sure the aliment is correct for the engine and the pump. If its off it will cause this heat your talking about. Good to hear and ran great though. Next season you will be ready for this http://www.groupk.com/t650.htm

holy cow, if I spend any money it's gonna be on a supercharged or turbocharged one. It already has like 155lbs of compression on both cyls, and I modified the grate. I'm dangerous when I get around a fabrication shop and a welder...

This ski is REALLY squirly.

I don't mind it though.

I have to go 1/2 speed in rough water, just doesn't seem heavy enough, like it won't cut through the wake? I dunno, I've never owned own before, so never got technical like this. That's why I bought this. To learn.

I checked alignment, The rubber piece doesn't get real hot, so I'm pretty sure it's close. I tested all shims and locations and got it ideal. If I was going to get serious I'd buy an alignment tool, or make one.

Where would I notice the most heat?
    (I should probably not just reach down and grab the shaft after hauling ass for over two miles anyway..... duh)

Thread Information