Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dynotune boost gauge numbers

So I finally got around to installing my boost gauge, I have it hooked up to the nipple on the 3rd cylinder's intake manifold runner.

Typically when the motor is off, the motor should be reading close to 0 correct?
    sometimes mine reads like -20 sometimes reads -7(it changes throughout the day). If I unplug the air tube so that the gauge reads the atmospheric pressure its still the same so then I decided to unplug the whole boost sensor from the wiring and still the same readings just jump around.

any idea what went wrong or is it normal to see those kinds of numbers? I installed it using the instructions on the dynotune website.

+1
    Sounds like a bad guage

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sumo500 View Post
    So I finally got around to installing my boost gauge, I have it hooked up to the nipple on the 3rd cylinder's intake manifold runner.

Typically when the motor is off, the motor should be reading close to 0 correct?
    sometimes mine reads like -20 sometimes reads -7(it changes throughout the day). If I unplug the air tube so that the gauge reads the atmospheric pressure its still the same so then I decided to unplug the whole boost sensor from the wiring and still the same readings just jump around.

any idea what went wrong or is it normal to see those kinds of numbers? I installed it using the instructions on the dynotune website.
    Check the wiring.......white to white, black to black, blue to blue (negative) and brown to brown (positive). When powered up and engine NOT running the gauge should read 00.0. Also, be sure to tape up the the plug connection (to keep out moisture).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	056.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	193854  

hope its not a bad gauge. ill redo the wiring and hopefully that will fix it thanks guys.

ok so I finally got a chance to checked the wiring and the connections seem to be solid.

is there a way to recalibrate these gauges?

I went through 2 of these guages myself. Very toughy even with silicone around the guage. The silver cylinder that plugs into the manifold went bad.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sumo500 View Post

sometimes mine reads like -20 sometimes reads -7(it changes throughout the day).
    If I unplug the air tube so that the gauge reads the atmospheric pressure its still the same so then I decided to unplug the whole boost sensor from the wiring and still the same readings just jump around.

Is that with engine running or not?
    I would like to see what it is doing under vacumn and boost?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The gauge itself is not bad... it's the transducer thats causing the problem Call Dan at dynotune... he'll take care of you as they have outstanding customer service... and thats hard to find these days

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information