Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rxtx 260 issue

rxtx 260 2010 issue

i just bought rxtx 260 after it did 7 hours breaking in i tried to push it full throttle for few seconeds and it reached only 6,000 rpm with 45mph...!!!! and when i put it on the sport mode between 1,700 to 4,500 rpm i get check engine signal when i release the throttle it disappear any help!!!

My guess is that your supercharger hose has blown off. Happened to mine at 2 hrs. Take it back to the dealer to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by adrider View Post
    i just bought rxtx 260 after it did 7 hours breaking in i tried to push it full throttle for few seconeds and it reached only 6,000 rpm with 45mph...!!!! and when i put it on the sport mode between 1,700 to 4,500 rpm i get check engine signal when i release the throttle it disappear any help!!!
    just out of curiosity did you get the full max speed out of it yet when you passed the break-in limit before you had this issue? Or did you put it around for 7 hours then nail it and this was the result?

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark82 View Post
    My guess is that your supercharger hose has blown off. Happened to mine at 2 hrs. Take it back to the dealer to fix.
    Mine blew off at 20 minutes. Seems to be a common problem. Easy fix though.

Quote Originally Posted by T-DUB View Post
    just out of curiosity did you get the full max speed out of it yet when you passed the break-in limit before you had this issue? Or did you put it around for 7 hours then nail it and this was the result?

no after i finished 7 hours i nailed it but i got only 45mph 6000 rpm. Today i removed the air filter and checked all the pipes i found out the the super charger pipe and the intercooler pipes are all out. I fixed them and i tested the jetski and reached 68 . But i have been told that after 13 hours i will get few miles more....

+1
    I think you are GPS limited at that speed so I think they lied.

+1
    get some better hose clamps to avoid this in the future, seadoo uses some sh*t calmps

Break it In

I just thought I'd tell you computer is locked till 10 hours not many people that that my friend from brp told me. Wount reach peak rpm. Every few hours it will crack more and more but at 10 it's open. If you want a reflash to work with ur stock modes with more power 3 diffeent fuel maps and better ecconomy let me no as Les Cooke has done hundreds of hours testing to get it to his satisfaction. I was trying to get one off him a few months ago for a mate and he wouldn't budge but I guess that's what u pay for at the end of the day not just a rpm change like the the others

Mine blew off 2 days ago...4 hours on the ski.

My hour meter still doesn't even register a single hour and it blew off. It's a bit of a pain to fix. If you're going to go in and try to fix it do yourself a favor and put duct tape around the unfinished edges of the engine compartment where the raw fiberglass edge is showing. Otherwise you'll end up with microscopic fiberglass shards in your arms.

Watch the two screws that hold the air filter in. It's easy to lose one of the washers or brackets down below the engine if they slip loose.

The dealer I bought mine from said they clean the supercharger outlet and inside of the hose with degreaser/alchohol to remove the oil that seems to be applied at the factory to prevent corrosion. The oil appears to be allowing the hose to slip off under pressure.

I CANT believe Bombardier is still shipping skis without a fix to this problem. Must be costing them tons in warranty dollars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information