Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Help me with my first mod plz

Hi guys i new here and this is my first Thread . i just bought 2010 FZR i don't know to much about the jetski but i know every thing about engines because i always drive my supercharged corvette Z06 ..

now i want to do my first mod and i decided to put and intake system . which is better RIVA - Performance Power Filter Kit with RIVA Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit or Jet Draft Performance Package it comes with Jet Draft cold air intake, catch can and intake manifold upgrade. So with one is better ??
    by the way here in Kuwait it is too fucking hot

I want the best for my FZR guys help plz and Thanks

+1
    I'd either make your own air intake or go with JD1's. JD1 knows what he's doing. I had a regular air intake on my ski and then went to the cold air intake and gained a lot of rpms. It all depends on where you ride. If you ride on the ocean or a really choppy lake, you may want to go with a regular intake. If calm water riding, get the JD. I have both and they are easily switched out. You definitely need the intake manifold upgrade. The thing that sucks is that you have the rev limiter to deal with.

well if the jet draft kit comes with all that i would go with that kit. Because u will need to get the intake manifold upgrade kit bc that is a MAJOR hold back on the ski. Also on the sides of your ski where those shinny side peices right below the handle bars under screw those bolts and there are foam peices that u need to take out. Dont worry bout water gettin in the hull when u take them off. Water does not go in there i go off shore and no water goes in there at all!! Also those black hoses that are in the hull take them out. These motors suck a lot of air and it needs to breath. U will tell a big difference in the intake and intake manifold upgrade! Next i would get the riva thru hull exhaust, sounds really good. Then if u dont mind if its goin to be loud get a riva waterbox or do like some people.....lol....take the waterbox out and get some one to fabricate u a pipe to replce the box and it will ROAR!!! Once you do these upgrades u will be bangin the shit out of your rev limiter. Matters how fast u want to go? If u dont want to buy a ECU, then just change the prop for what u perfer...acceleration or top speed.

yeah i think the jet draft kit is better than riva and it brings more cold air to the engine . i think i will go for it .
    but should i use there inake manifiold upgrade or riva with it ??

i drive my FZR in the ocean it is so salty and rough water sometimes so i'm affaid about doing the holes thing because the water may come inside the engine ??

and what black hoses should i remove and why should i do the ? i gain more mph ??

and what is the best exhaust for the FZR ??

+1
    I would just save yourself the trouble and get either the motec or a reflashed ecu. Once you go fast, you will start wanting more speed. Once you get the ecu taken care of, the sky is the limit with these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    I would just save yourself the trouble and get either the motec or a reflashed ecu. Once you go fast, you will start wanting more speed. Once you get the ecu taken care of, the sky is the limit with these skis.

Don't worry ERC i will buy an ECU or a reflash but i will do my fist mods then i will go for it

and my Brother is a Famous car Tuner here so he will do his magic later

riva or R&D intake manifold upgrade they do the same thing one is just cheaper....i got the cheaper one. R rated exhaust is cheaper but the riva cleans up the hull alot. U might gain 10 rpms very little by removing the hosesand foam pieces.....but u need the foam pieces removed......Just ask jerry bout these dont make holes like he did cause he rides flat water just take the foam pieces out..There has been some people with cracked hulls from these engines suckin so much air inside the hull that it cracks it. Trust me water will not get in the hull, if it does it will be very little and the bilge pump will pump it out and when u get done ridin in the ocean just take ya seat off and spray inside the hull out with water. No big deal!

+1
    The Riva, R&D, and JD intake manifold upgrade all do the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by fzr_rider View Post
    yeah i think the jet draft kit is better than riva and it brings more cold air to the engine . i think i will go for it .
    but should i use there inake manifiold upgrade or riva with it ??

i drive my FZR in the ocean it is so salty and rough water sometimes so i'm affaid about doing the holes thing because the water may come inside the engine ??

and what black hoses should i remove and why should i do the ? i gain more mph ??

and what is the best exhaust for the FZR ??

Thanks man u helped me a lot about the exhaust thing .

So now my first mod is jet draft intake with intake manifold upgrade and there breather

The second mod ?? Help guys come on

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The Riva, R&D, and JD intake manifold upgrade all do the same thing
    you are so right plz help me what is the best second mod ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information