09 Speedster 150 wont start

Hello. I just purchased an 09 Speedster 150 255hp. It does not even have 3 hours logged.

Went to start the boat and battery was dead. Charged the battery and tested it. Full charge. Reinstalled battery. Checked all fuses/Good.

When I put the key on to the DESS, there are no beeps what so ever and the dash does not light up. I cleaned the key and the dess post. The blower comes on and the radio works.

Any suggestions before I have to let it sit at the dealer for a month or so?

Thank you, Bear.

+1
    Take the On/Off battery switch out of the equation. I've seen those go bad causing low voltage errors and also causing the boat not to start.

Quote Originally Posted by bear1000 View Post
    Hello. I just purchased an 09 Speedster 150 255hp. It does not even have 3 hours logged.

Went to start the boat and battery was dead. Charged the battery and tested it. Full charge. Reinstalled battery. Checked all fuses/Good.

When I put the key on to the DESS, there are no beeps what so ever and the dash does not light up. I cleaned the key and the dess post. The blower comes on and the radio works.

Any suggestions before I have to let it sit at the dealer for a month or so?

Thank you, Bear.

When i bought my s200 the boat did not want to start, an no beep to. I checked if the key is registered on both engines, and it was. Problem was the fuel pump, who was full whith some conserving products. I don't know if your problem is this too, but isn't bad if you check.

I had the same symptom on a brand new 2004 RXP. It turned out to be the DESS post on the RXP. Replaced the post and all was good. Check and make sure the wire from your post is connected properly.

dude! Take it to the dealer and let them deal with it (under warranty im sure).
    Same thing happend to my 150 speedster while on the lake. Had to get towed back in...Took it to the dealer (8 hours on it). Turns out it was the start button itself (was loose).
    Maybe your solution is simple too, but either way you still have the warranty with that little hours on it.

Thread Information