Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much water gets in?

I just want to know how much water everybody get in their hull from various uses.

+1
    I usually see very little(less than a cup full) to none. Almost all of my riding is in fairly flat water lakes.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    If im skying my ol 96XP I can filler up to the carbs in about 20 good jump and dunks

I pew pew lazors
    I get very little. There's soo little I sometimes wonder if I'm just a big puss on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    If im skying my ol 96XP I can filler up to the carbs in about 20 good jump and dunks
    And where do you recon its coming in, the air intakes?

If you're not dunking you should stay dry right???

What I'm getting at is leaking hatches on a new S3 hull is not acceptable...

Anyone else think the same?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Yes it comes in the air vents by your knees at the front of the ski just under the handle bars...as for a new ski. absolutely not. My 06 RXP is dry as a bone no matter what im doing with it....as long as im not submarining it.

Quote Originally Posted by highjynx View Post
    And where do you recon its coming in, the air intakes?

If you're not dunking you should stay dry right???

What I'm getting at is leaking hatches on a new S3 hull is not acceptable...

Anyone else think the same?
    Highjinx,

I'll water test mine for you this weekend if I get a chance. As I have posted earlier, I approached my dealer with this issue before I purchased and he said he hadn't seen a problem with the hatches last year. I asked him to water test mine before delivering it and he said he would.

I had some water which I now think was due to the seat not being properly locked while riding in rough water and not the port covers. I'll let you know what the water test shows.

In the mean time, have you talked to your dealer about the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by grover432 View Post
    Highjinx,

I'll water test mine for you this weekend if I get a chance. As I have posted earlier, I approached my dealer with this issue before I purchased and he said he hadn't seen a problem with the hatches last year. I asked him to water test mine before delivering it and he said he would.

I had some water which I now think was due to the seat not being properly locked while riding in rough water and not the port covers. I'll let you know what the water test shows.

In the mean time, have you talked to your dealer about the problem?
    Yes i have.

See my post in the Leaking hatch thread you replied to before.

I got some info on the siphon system too....

140MM Jetpump
    Maybe you meant to ask "how much water is going out?". Riders presume that maintenance has been done on their ski. When the Bailer system fails this is asked
    "where from" instead. The Suckers on the floor lay in oil, water comes in the lines
    when the zip-tie cleat under rear seat consol gets pulled off and the lines are low
    in the hull and the plumming "trap" loses effect. Water remains instead of being sucked out the bailers when the two "Tiger Tusks" that protrude into the Venturi
    thrust break or come loose and are missing. Sometimes never installed in the top of the Venturi at all from the day made and never noticed. old style pumps use the bailer
    siphon tube #271001133, and newer style ('96) use the longer 293700017. Bills86e

Oops that last number is wrong, thats the houseing thru hull fitting. NO part # on '96s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information