Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Dman3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lake Norman,NC
    Posts
    116

    Options on PWC lift. What does everyone have? Pros/Cons

    Im looking to purchase a single pwc lift for a rxpx255 to install on my dock. I know everyone has all different types ,but I was trying to get pros/cons on what people have. Around my area(charlotte,NC) I have found one place that sells HYDROHOIST which will run me $1,600 NEW plus $300 for install.
    LINK: http://www.boatlift.com/product.aspx?ID=1&PT=2

    I also found FLOATAIR on craigslist right around me ,but I have never heard of the company.(side-mount lift)
    Link: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/1773030243.html

    I'm really not looking to spend over $2k for a lift. I want something reliable ,but also decent maintenance. I live on the lake and I don't get to much wake. Any feedback I would appreciate.
    Thanks


  2. #2
    get a doozie. I have them they are great.

  3. #3
    Dman3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lake Norman,NC
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    get a doozie. I have them they are great.
    I like the name, recommend a dealer so I can look up some pricing? Easy install? Thanks

  4. #4
    http://itsadoozie.com/dooziecms/inde...ator&Itemid=52

    Im up at Lake Gaston and the Dock already had a single jet ski lift. Mostly everyone I know has a doozie, not sure if you have electricity at your dock but look up a dealer near you and get a quote I love my doozie

  5. #5
    Dman3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lake Norman,NC
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    http://itsadoozie.com/dooziecms/inde...ator&Itemid=52

    Im up at Lake Gaston and the Dock already had a single jet ski lift. Mostly everyone I know has a doozie, not sure if you have electricity at your dock but look up a dealer near you and get a quote I love my doozie
    Yeah I found one ,but has no website. I will give them a call tomorrow, thanks! The quote I got for a hydrohoist is just plastic, its ridiculous they charge $1600 for a piece of plastic w/ some wheels on it to ride up on.

  6. #6
    Lol i wouldnt buy that at all. I dont know where you live at on lake norman but i live in a cove, and some dumb people ride around and create a lot of wakes which is a good reason to have a jet ski lift that lifts your ski completely out of the water. and if you wanted to store it there when your not up there its nice as well. good luck !

  7. #7
    Dman3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lake Norman,NC
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    Lol i wouldnt buy that at all. I dont know where you live at on lake norman but i live in a cove, and some dumb people ride around and create a lot of wakes which is a good reason to have a jet ski lift that lifts your ski completely out of the water. and if you wanted to store it there when your not up there its nice as well. good luck !
    Same with me, Im at the beginning of one and its annoying as hell when people haul ass and rock my boat. Thanks for the feedback

  8. #8
    Your welcome, is Lake Norman a good place to ride? I may be interested in coming down there for a day or so to just ride.

  9. #9
    Dman3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lake Norman,NC
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    Your welcome, is Lake Norman a good place to ride? I may be interested in coming down there for a day or so to just ride.
    I enjoy it, plenty of places to dock and eat also. My neighbor has 2 honda turbod jetskis he lets me take them out whenever but Im getting ready to pick up a 2010 rxpx255 within the week. Ive been so damn busy and haven't had time to get my finances in order. Soon as I pick it up I'll let you know and we can meet up one day. To give you an idea of the lake look at the pic in my avatar.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    226
    If you are in an area that is subject to waves and wake then a lift would be the way to go. If you don't have that problem then ezdock.com makes a great drive on system. Simple, no maintenance or moving parts and probably less expensive than a mechanical lift. Of course if you have to deal with waves and wake ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What does everyone keep onboard.
    By Junior1790 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 12:46 AM
  2. I would like to disconnect the KSS on my 2013 300x Does anyone have photos of plug?
    By rod_rod in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-15-2015, 02:58 PM
  3. What does everyone do for a living?
    By 01xdime in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 10:18 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
  5. What does everyone use to resize pics?
    By 01xdime in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •