Thanks GreenHulk

Took the 95 sl750 out this weekend, after fighting with the sputtering issues this is what you guys told me to do:
    REBUILD the carbs...done
    check reeds: found cracked, replaced with some from here
    reed spacers added
    new fuel pump

this ski has not run this good in years.
    thanks to all of you that helped me out with advice, and links to get my ski running again!
    took a little work but it was worth it!

time for some goodies!!!!

Where should I start?

+1
    First of all, congrats on getting your ski running good. That is the first and most important step!

The community here is amazing and there is absolutely no better place to find help on issues with your ski.

In terms of adding performance to your ski, there are many options. Some of the simplest and most effective are things like intake grate, ride plate and impeller. Most usually start by modifying those.

Others will certainly chime in though and then you will see that there are a host of options!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GasTecH View Post
    Took the 95 sl750 out this weekend, after fighting with the sputtering issues this is what you guys told me to do:
    REBUILD the carbs...done
    check reeds: found cracked, replaced with some from here
    reed spacers added
    new fuel pump

this ski has not run this good in years.
    thanks to all of you that helped me out with advice, and links to get my ski running again!
    took a little work but it was worth it!

time for some goodies!!!!

Where should I start?
    I have a brand new sl triple ride plate if your interested. fits the sl. 35.00 plus shippin. let me know. its brand new.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...1995 SL750...this ski has not run this good in years.

...time for some goodies!!!!

Where should I start?
    Well, what do you want to achieve?

Higher top speed, better bottom end acceleration, improved ride on rough water, better appearance...

The challenge is to not put a lot of time and money into incremental changes, when it might be more cost effective selling the current well running machine and buying a newer, faster or larger model.

The skills you have learned on the 750 are for the most part directly applicable to the newer Polaris models. The details may differ, but the basics are the same.

+1
    Buy A PRO785. thats a good start!. You wont regret it. Become one of the gang of 55 who owns them on here!

I have thought about a newer ski, or a pro785, but I am always woried about the condition it will be in since there are not any around me. I bought the 750 new so I know its been well maintained, never abused and winterized ever year. plus it has been garaged its entire life, no tears nor faded anywhere.
    its hard to sell it since its not worth much anymore, and I still have fun with it.

I would like it to handle better in semi-ruff water and it needs more top end. our lake is at 4500ft elevation, so I would be happy with 52mph!!!

I do look at the classifieds for pro785 or even some bigger sl...900,1050,1200
    I do not plan to race it, just for fun!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...I would like it to handle better in semi-ruff water and it needs more top end.

our lake is at 4500ft elevation, so I would be happy with 52mph...
    The Ocean Pro 'O' ride plate will help the rough water ride. It will also help with top speed in rough water, but keeping the hull better planted.

An R&D 750SL intake grate will also help with rough water hook-up, but will cost you 1-2mph in smooth water top speed.

Are your carburetors jetted for high elevation?

If it was sold by a dealer at your elevation, they should have jetted it correctly, per Polaris recommendations.

+1

Thumbs up SL 750

I have thought about a newer ski, or a pro785, but I am always woried about the condition it will be in since there are not any around me. I bought the 750 new so I know its been well maintained, never abused and winterized ever year. plus it has been garaged its entire life, no tears nor faded anywhere.
    its hard to sell it since its not worth much anymore, and I still have fun with it.

I would like it to handle better in semi-ruff water and it needs more top end. our lake is at 4500ft elevation, so I would be happy with 52mph!!!

I do look at the classifieds for pro785 or even some bigger sl...900,1050,1200
    I do not plan to race it, just for fun!
    I drove the crap out of an SL 750 for 5-6 years. It was a great ski for me. I have a 1995 SLX 780 and a 96 SL 780. Both are nice, but I could run the SL 750 for 3 hours before the gas gauge would move.
    You gotta ride an SLX, whole different critter

Thread Information