Thread: WOT or Not?

WOT or Not?

I traded in my 2006 RXT, Riva Stage II ride for a 2010 RXT-X.... First ride was today and the handling seems far superior to my previous ride, the cornering and response was amazing. I didnt jump on it too much because I'm going to take it easy until the 10 hour mark, but the acceleration from a dead stop (when in the sport mode) was impressive. Can I get an opinion on the "No WOT" rule until 10 hours? Some say to break it in as you would normally ride it.... I dumped some cash into this so I want it to last and perform; but am really itching to let this thing rip.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I traded in my 2006 RXT, Riva Stage II ride for a 2010 RXT-X.... First ride was today and the handling seems far superior to my previous ride, the cornering and response was amazing. I didnt jump on it too much because I'm going to take it easy until the 10 hour mark, but the acceleration from a dead stop (when in the sport mode) was impressive. Can I get an opinion on the "No WOT" rule until 10 hours? Some say to break it in as you would normally ride it.... I dumped some cash into this so I want it to last and perform; but am really itching to let this thing rip.
    There will be alot of if's and but's and doo's and donts on this 1 but it would seem to me that the fastest boats are the 1s run hard straight from new, but you have to be carefull as the dealer can see what RPM you have been pulling and this could effect your warrenty. Also I belive that ECU will go into limp if you hold it WOT for to long in the first few hours run time.

I would say ride it fast without being an idiot, avoid comming unhooked to much (no doughnuts/Spinouts), I would say holding it WOT to accel is fine just dont get doing 1 mile long speed runs. R88

As I've been told by my dealer, you should VARY YOUR RPMs and you can go WOT for a few seconds every now and then (so maybe 3-4 times per ride). So cruise a bit, speed up, slow down, WOT, etc. The idea is to let your engine's components settle in at different RPMs and speeds, but NOT to overstress the engine nor its components while things get settled.

If you're like me and you want to keep this machine around for a very long time (which I see you do), then remember that after 10 hours (and don't forget the initial (and most important) 10 hour service), you will have all the opportunity in the world to go WOT without worry.

So just be patient with it (I know it can be difficult) but the long-term rewards will be worth it. Your machine will break in properly and will be more reliable in the long term.

Thanks for the input on this guy's. Going to head out tomorrow and open it up a little, see what this new ski looks like.
    Last edited by Meteor; 06-18-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Going to head out tomorrow and open it up a little, see what this new ski looks like.

Thread Information