Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Aftermarket Blow Off valve

    Any of you guys run an aftermarket blow off valve? I think the sound is the best sound of any motor. I have an extra HKS SSQV laying around and wanted to throw it on the ski. I have seen youtube vids with 250's and aftermarket bov's. Question is, does anyone make flange adapters or I am looking at welding into the intercooler piping?

    Is this a good idea? Really cant find any info when searching.

    thanks!


  2. #2
    H20 addicted Blu_Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu,AZ
    Posts
    302
    Im guessing if everybody is blocking theirs off, there is no point for a aftermarket
    BOV.
    Maybe this could get that sound your looking for
    http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Tur...nd-Tip/533190/

  3. #3
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    The pic in your signature shows a LX.
    Where are you gonna put a BOV on a non supercharged ski?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Boost View Post
    Im guessing if everybody is blocking theirs off, there is no point for a aftermarket
    BOV.
    Maybe this could get that sound your looking for
    http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Tur...nd-Tip/533190/
    Your comment is useless. also i think i sense i bit of retard in you with the link you posted! Stop trying to be a smartass.

    People are blocking off their bov's because they leak. A quality aftermarket wont.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    The pic in your signature shows a LX.
    Where are you gonna put a BOV on a non supercharged ski?
    sorry should have clairified, its going to be for my buddies 250x ski.

  5. #5
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,162
    +1
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by powerdbygarrett View Post
    Your comment is useless. also i think i sense i bit of retard in you with the link you posted! Stop trying to be a smartass.

    People are blocking off their bov's because they leak. A quality aftermarket wont.



    sorry should have clairified, its going to be for my buddies 250x ski.
    before this turns in to another Fu*King jerry springer we need to understand the terms being thrown around

    Traditionally a TURBO car person calls a BOV a bypass valve , this is OK
    ( the one that makes the car do a FART on gear changes...........fully sick mate )

    The 1 which we are always bypassing IS NOT a BYPASS valve , its true term is a over boost/safety valve.

    The BYPASS on our ski is the one with the vacum hose connected to it, and does NOT bolt to the cooler.

    Now because we have a roots style blower we can not over boost unless we modify the engine RPM limiter!!, but if it leaks below the set point it will reduce performance.......

    A turbo will continue to make boost at a given RPM if the wastegate fails , So this is why they will have a overboost valve aswell



    Waz

  6. #6
    Offshore Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South East Australia
    Posts
    553
    Use the gasket from Intercooler to BOV as a template to mill up an adaptor to your choice of sexy sounding BOVs.... Personally I don't see why you would bother, but I see where your coming from. You get off on sound, yeah? Find a good fitter, it should take him about 10min. Most of us are more concerned with critical issues....Sorry for that. Good luck man.

  7. #7
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,162
    +1
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Aussie View Post
    Use the gasket from Intercooler to BOV as a template to mill up an adaptor to your choice of sexy sounding BOVs.... Personally I don't see why you would bother, but I see where your coming from. You get off on sound, yeah? Find a good fitter, it should take him about 10min. Most of us are more concerned with critical issues....Sorry for that. Good luck man.
    the unit that bolts to the I/C is not a BOV as people call it

    it is the over pressure valve.......

    BOV/bypass has a vacum line to it

  8. #8
    Offshore Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South East Australia
    Posts
    553
    Sorry! Must remember to think before I say something next time.....The dude wants noise anyway, help him out will yas.

  9. #9
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455

    Turbosmart mega sonic


  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    he still wont get noise from that valve what ya been smokin

    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Aussie View Post
    Use the gasket from Intercooler to BOV as a template to mill up an adaptor to your choice of sexy sounding BOVs.... Personally I don't see why you would bother, but I see where your coming from. You get off on sound, yeah? Find a good fitter, it should take him about 10min. Most of us are more concerned with critical issues....Sorry for that. Good luck man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 04:13 PM
  2. Kawasaki 250x aftermarket intercooler and hks blow off valve
    By kjb144 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 12:29 PM
  3. Kawasaki 250x aftermarket intercooler and hks blow off valve
    By kjb144 in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 05:26 PM
  4. Running aftermarket wheel without blow off valve......
    By OutlawGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
  5. blow off valve question
    By TroyRXP15 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •