Thread: VX110

VX110

Hey guy new to the forum,

This will be my first ski,

I am looking at getting a 2007 VX110 with 100 hours on it. It just had its 100 hour service done and when i was talking with the owner he said that the dealer charged him $75.00 to shave the head, as part of the 100 hour maintenance.

Please let me know if this is something that was suppose to be done, and if not is the ski still ok to get the ski. It sounded like it ran great and i am taking it for a test drive in a few days. But i want to make sure I'm not buying something that is going to break next week.

Also he told me that the back right was hit by a boat and was repaired by his insurance company. I am worried that the ski might have problems with that down the road, as i don't know how well hull repairs hold up.

Thanks, for any help you can give me
    Joe

vx110

$75 to shave the head? WTH? It's a few hours to get the head off, a real PIA. Something not right with their story.

+1
    Run......don't just walk away

Too many other good ones out there.....only consider this if you can get it for a steal of a deal like 50-60% less than low retail....I would still think about it long and hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyman15 View Post
    Hey guy new to the forum,

This will be my first ski,

I am looking at getting a 2007 VX110 with 100 hours on it. It just had its 100 hour service done and when i was talking with the owner he said that the dealer charged him $75.00 to shave the head, as part of the 100 hour maintenance.

Please let me know if this is something that was suppose to be done, and if not is the ski still ok to get the ski. It sounded like it ran great and i am taking it for a test drive in a few days. But i want to make sure I'm not buying something that is going to break next week.

Also he told me that the back right was hit by a boat and was repaired by his insurance company. I am worried that the ski might have problems with that down the road, as i don't know how well hull repairs hold up.

Thanks, for any help you can give me
    Joe

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    How much is he selling it to you for? And I have a 2007 and never had to "shave the head". Its 100% BULLSHIT!

+1
    You do not 'shave the head' on these motors!

Thread Information