RizzO
    +1

Impeller tool needed.

Does anyone know of A place I can get A Impeller removal tool for my Polaris Pro1200? In Milwaukee, Wisconsin possibly....I have called all the dealers but no luck, I was hoping to do this before the weekend. And if i order it will not be here by then, I think I screwed. Bummer.

RiZ

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Is the pump in the ski or is it out? Before I got an impeller tool I used a PTO coupler, a driveshaft, and a wrench to remove my impeller. I clamped the coupler in a vice, inserted the driveshaft in the coupler and impeller, then just used a wrench on the stub shaft (behind the cone) to unscrew the impeller.

+1
    hey Riz, do you have an old drive shaft ? A pipe wrench on an old shaft will work

I have an impeller tool, they sometimes come with quality imp's. You pay Priority and it's yours.

+1
    I have a driveshaft i bent in half. if you need to use it, let me know ill send to ya tomm. I dont need it at the moment.. I could send it overnight to ya if ya need it that fast but might be pricey that way, then just send back the slowest shipping they have.

Did you guys know the drive shaft have different size splines on each end!? just a fyi if you didnt know that.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    ..Did you guys know the drive shaft have different size splines on each end!? just a fyi if you didnt know that.
    That is probably why Polaris had a 'impeller tool' and a separate 'PTO coupler tool'. I am just confused about the PTO coupler tool...don't the couplers have a flat spot on each side that you can just put a big wrench on to turn it?

RizzO
    +1
    Thanks for all the tips, suggestions, and offers. Just goes to show what A GREAT bunch of people are here. I was really frustrated that I live in A decent size city with 6 Polaris dealers and none had this tool. I know they do not make PWC's but I would think they would have this tool as changing an impeller would be A common thing. It is not an emergency but I wanted to do this before the weekend. I will either be ordering one from the internet or if "Casey67" has an extra 1 he would sell and send to me(I don't want to take your only tool), let me know casey67 I can paypal you the loot. Until then I will just have to wait to change out my impellers or I could take the pump to the dealer and they will pull it with their shop tool. By the way "Bowsniper" one of the impellers I am going to finally install, is the very sharp I bough off you last year. THANKS everybody

RiZ

+1
    That prop should work great if its the right pitch of course for your application! Good luck. let us know if ya need anything. Yeah, that thing is super sharp. be careful with it. would hate to be a perch swimming by that intake!

RizzO
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    That prop should work great if its the right pitch of course for your application! Good luck. let us know if ya need anything. Yeah, that thing is super sharp. be careful with it. would hate to be a perch swimming by that intake!

"would hate to be a perch swimming by that intake!"

Your not kidding, Its right for my craft, I could actually go more. It is close to stock, just A better design and sharper polished blades. It is also NEW! Thanks

Thread Information