Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best water box

+1

Best water box

Whats the best water box out there? for power, sound, loudness,price? Is using none of them even better? just a straight pipe? are there any pitfalls using a certain box over stock...lets say water injestion?

I love my Pro pinping n poping in there. its sounds so sweet. Everyone always hears it coming. It's not super loud, but you can definetly hear them pinging in there. I wouldnt mind it even a little louder.. noone cares on lake saint clair. too big a lake.

Has anyone ever thought of doing a silent choice exhaust system?

I could have my fabricator guy make a set up for my ski I bet..buy the silent choice valve, a little tubing out of stainless and route it out the back of the ski above the water line!. That would make it loud then!!!

Then mount the solenoid and a switch and your good to go.

You could drill right into the water box and weld the valve right there. that way you havent disrupted the original setup going under the water..

If you think that would be annoying to your neighbors,, what about the 800 HP plus twin big blocks with open headers sounds like on a 40 foot boat? lol

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Or...you could just take some tubing and run the exhaust from each pipe individually up and out the hood like on a dragster!!! That would get some attention for sure!!!

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

pro

i had a custom tdr one made with a 3" inlet for my pro.with the added air inlet and cowling on the hood it was definately loud.had a really cool sound .even with a stock 785 box on it the sound travels out the cowling and you can still tell its me coming.

+1
    AHH! The sweet smell of R-50 racing oil coming off those chrome pipes like a dragster! I can see it now. like one of those 60's dragster with the big bent pipes up front on the engine.

Got to keep in mine what happens if you get thrown over the bow or something crazy happening. at least in the back, it wouldbt stick out too much. you could make it almost flush under the rear handle. might have to sleeve the hull too with a small metal stainless ring to keep the heat off the glass.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    i had a custom tdr one made with a 3" inlet for my pro.with the added air inlet and cowling on the hood it was definately loud.had a really cool sound .even with a stock 785 box on it the sound travels out the cowling and you can still tell its me coming.
    What kind of inlet are you talking about? up front? any pictures of the set up? that sounds sweet.. im looking mostly for a cool sound from the pipes, not super loud. it does get annoying if it sounds way too loud.

I wonder if using stainless or brass or copper or steel, thick or thin would work ? I bet they all make different sounds.

On mine, you can hear the pipes thru the Flo-rite.

I think UJUSTLOST runs a straight pipe on his Pro.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me at all!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post

I actually have the stock water box back in for the moment, I had to change the routing and just didn't get the part yet, My Fathers pro 1200 has no water box and it sounds great. I used pvc sch40 to make mine, a lot of the Yamaha guys use it on the gp's too. I am running a TDR on the wife's sl650 and it sounds awesome. I believe they still make water boxes and you can buy them new from their ebay store.

+1
    Here you go. I used a 3" 90 elbow and thats about it. It's not that loud but noticeable difference. Saves a lot of weight(20 ish pounds between the box and the water inside of it) and better throttle response
    Attached Images Attached Images    

+1
    I cant get the link to work, but here is a nice TDR for all non sl family. ebay number 110577459333

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    Here you go. I used a 3" 90 elbow and thats about it. It's not that loud but noticeable difference. Saves a lot of weight(20 ish pounds between the box and the water inside of it) and better throttle response
    Do you guys think a PVC straight pipe like this would work on a stock SLT750? I'm still trying to chase down about 250 RPM I can't get on the top end. The odd thing is I also have a '96 SLT780 and there is a major difference in sound between that and the '94 SLT750. The 750 sounds extremely muffled and I'm wonder if maybe I have something plugged up in the water box causing a flow restriction. When I bought the ski it had set for a while and I'm thinking maybe some kind of critter made themselves a home inside the box. Yeah I know it's a stretch, but I can't think of anything that would explain the major difference in exhaust note between the two skis.

I may have a chance to try an aftermarket water box, but if I can't I'm thinking this straight pipe might be one way to easily test this theory.

Thanks,
    KJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information