Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Race Tech Power Flow Exhaust

Any one have the race tech power flow pipe, I want to do an exhaust mod but don't want to drill into hull. I'm going for a good deep sound, something slightly louder than stock and different sounding, any idea's?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the power flow is ABSOLUTELY louder than stock.. deeper sounding, alot more resonance to it.

keep in mind tho, the power flow is very annoying at about 2600-3300 rpms.. it jsut vibrates thru your spine and skull at this RPM with the power flow bc the exhaust echoes inside the pump area and creates a very deep resonance.

at all other RPMs it's very cool sounding...

most prefer the THRU-HULL style bc it's more aggressive sounding and does not have that annoying resonance at about 3000 rpms... the thru-hull is quieter to the rider, but louder to the spectator. the power flow is much louder to the rider than the thru-hull is.

thanks alot.....scratch the power pipe idea

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if i had one piece of advice for you and anyone else considering an exhaust mod... suck it up and drill the hole!! it is so so so worth it, and it's really not a big deal at all. once u complete the install u'll step back and realize drilling that little 2 7/8" hole wasn't bad at all. it seals up real nice, comes with all parts, and the sound it makes is so pleasant

at the same time, if you absolutely REFUSE to drill the hole, then most defintiely get the power flow pipe... ANY exhaust sound is better than stuck, and it reduces such a large amount of clutter inside the hull making it easier to work on and inspect things.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Rxprider, I have the power flow pipe and like it. I too did not want to drill a hole in the hull for various reasons. You can always remove the resonator and replace it with a piece of pipe. Will cost you less than $10 and sounds much better. 3000 rpm vibration/sound is not that bad and I never run a steady 3000 rpm unless I mean too. Sometimes I do it when going under bridges for sh*ts and giggles. If you like that setup then get the power flow pipe to replace the rubber hose and clean up the ski's engine compartment.

The thru hull is the way to go. The hole is a simple seal. Do it.

i bought the race tech pipe but havnt got it yet ill post some pictures of the install and how it looks after i install it

Ive ridden a Rxp with the free flow pipe on there and the resonence isnt bad at all. It isnt nearly as bad as a Gpr with a free flow pipe on

Have you ridden both the powerpipe and the freeflow? The powerpipe is pain in the arse compared to the freeflow.

Quote Originally Posted by smc
    Have you ridden both the powerpipe and the freeflow? The powerpipe is pain in the arse compared to the freeflow.
    I doubt its worse then the gpr with the free flow. but i dont want to drill the 2 inch hole because i still have a warranty untill next july after my warranty is up ill probably sell the powerpipe and get the thru hull

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information