Thread: SLX 1200

SLX 1200

Hey everyone, This is a great site full of good information. I do have a question. I am looking at an '01 SLX 1200 and am concerned with some damage that it has. take a look at the photos and let me know what you think. Is it worth $2200 - ish and will cracks in these areas get worse? Any info is much appreciated!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

+1
    Welcome to the HULK!

I love your ski. thats a 2001 SLX I have the 2000 version. That paint job and graphics is the boomb!

I paid 510.00 for mine.. had to go to NC from michigan to get it. 237.00 in gas.. so 750 total.. they book out at 2900-3100 on the blue book in 2010.

Check the compression first. that will tell you a lot right off the bat.can you ride it or start it before you get it? mine is 130 PSI across the board. starts instantly and was freshened up. MFD says 21 hours Might be right. not sure. The guy bought off a dealer in NY. then he had no time to ride it. I did have to get a 6 vane stator for it but thats it, the prop was fine..

if you get it, get rid of those grey tempo fuel lines in there if you have them. they clog up with goo after a while. That can plug the carbs too.

read my sticky on how to paint a jetski. if you need help, ask me and ill help you thru the entire process. or Keddano on here has a lot of experience with glass and gelcoat too. Just message him and I'm sure he'll help you out too.

2200. seems a little high with the damage. if the ski runs great and the comp is 120-135 psi, then offer him 1500 -1800 for it see what happens.. only 1 other person bidded once on the I got off ebay! So I got mine real cheap..

Guys in canada say they could get 3800 for it up there. not sure if thats american dollar or thiers.

Just remember a 1200 is fast and a gas hog. Does 60 plus!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tdpd430 View Post
    Hey everyone, This is a great site full of good information. I do have a question. I am looking at an '01 SLX 1200 and am concerned with some damage that it has. take a look at the photos and let me know what you think. Is it worth $2200 - ish and will cracks in these areas get worse? Any info is much appreciated!!!
    Welcome to Green Hulk !

I'm not a fiberglass expert, but I don't think that is very good, It would be nice if the pictures enlarged, Look at the hull lower,below the moulding-there maybe additional damage.
    I would not take the chance for $2200. The engine is worth $1000-1500.If it has low hours and in good shape. At $1500 I would consider it.

Here are a pair for sale: http://www.pwctoday.com/f143/2001-po...-a-282487.html
    Low hours,they have been for sale for a while. I think they are more in line with the actual value.

thank you all for your input. the ski is a little over an hour and a half from me so I might have to go check it out in person. Skis seem to be a bit higher priced around here than some of the ones I have seen on this site. I am curious about any damage underneath the foot area.... I will let you guys know!!!!

+1
    Ask how the damage occured. did they slam into a dock at 60? or fall off the trailer? If the hull on the bottom is all tore up . it will take getting the motor out and doing the glass from the inside too. possibly engine mounts being broke..

pictures close up on the ski would be helpful.. inside and out.. might be just spider cracks and that would be easy to fix.. let us know..

where are you located?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

cracks

spider cracks +1,i wouldn't put THAT seat cover on,the blue looks real bad.check the under side of the seat for cracks.theres a slx seat rebuild post in the project section,look at the pics

I am in Oregon on the great Columbia River. Anyway, I am thinking I might have to go check the ski. Just for info how do you fix those spider cracks and how bad are they? If that's the only damage on the ski will those continue to grow? I'm thinking it got hit on the rub rail which caused it. Just curious how bad those can grow....

Thread Information