Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mods without voided warranty

which mods can be done without voided warranty on the stx 15f

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BASEBALLMAN View Post
    which mods can be done without voided warranty on the stx 15f
    you CAN mod anything you want.........

a performance modification will only void warranty if it IS PROVED TO BE DIRECTLY responsible for the failed component/claimed repair..........

eg

a Vortech supercharger WILL NOT void a warranty claim for a failed starter motor,bad ECU,dash cluster failing.
    because it has NO affect on the possible part failure,,, See where I am going

now if you claim for a broken piston or blown headgasket then thats a different story......

So basically if you only plan on doing handling mods and a airfilter you wont have anything to worry about , unless your new air filter system can easily cause water ingestion, but your wedges,grates.ride plates etc's are fine

Waz

o wow i thought like u bolted something on and theres goes ur whole warranty..thanks for the response

Timing advance

Is 6 degree timing advance likely to void warranty in the case of engine failure? People seem to be saying that it does not have any ill effect but I wonder if Kawasaki would see it that way? I would love to do this mod but I don't want to void my warranty .

I agree with Sirbreaks analysis, that there should be a direct causal connection between the mod and the mechanical failure at issue to void warranty.

But, you must be careful and cannot make too many assumptions because you do not get to decide the issue of causal connection.

Buyer's contract is with the manufacturer, not the dealer. The manufacturer makes the call. But, the dealer investigates and reports to the manufacturer.

If you search the forum you will see that buyers' warranty experiences vary widely across the country. Some dealers go to bat for their customers, some do not. That is why my decision where to buy is not based solely on price. Maybe you save $200 on purchase price today but thats nothing if you blow a motor and have to argue warranty coverage tomorrow.

I agree with Sirbreaks that wedge, rideplate, airbox (except in case of water ingestion) etc. is likely no problem. But, in my opinion, if you change the timing and blow a motor, you will have a tough road to hoe. I am no mechanic, but I do know the fine print.

+1
    how are kawasaki ever to know takes all of about 3min. to put it back to oem.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    Is 6 degree timing advance likely to void warranty in the case of engine failure? People seem to be saying that it does not have any ill effect but I wonder if Kawasaki would see it that way? I would love to do this mod but I don't want to void my warranty .

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    how are kawasaki ever to know takes all of about 3min. to put it back to oem.

I understand you can switch back parts and if no one asks you any questions you may squeak by. The problem comes when you go to your dealer or you call Kawi customer service and they ask directly, did you modify anything on the ski? Like what? Did you change the timing?

You are then faced with a serious moral dilemma and whether lying is okay to obtain monetary advantage.

Its different scenario than when your girlfriend asks whether jeans make butt look big.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    [QUOTE=Its different scenario than when your girlfriend asks whether jeans make butt look big.[/QUOTE]

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I understand you can switch back parts and if no one asks you any questions you may squeak by. The problem comes when you go to your dealer or you call Kawi customer service and they ask directly, did you modify anything on the ski? Like what? Did you change the timing?

You are then faced with a serious moral dilemma and whether lying is okay to obtain monetary advantage.

Its different scenario than when your girlfriend asks whether jeans make butt look big.
    true, but they will most likely lie to you too and say," well of course the timing caused the problem", even if they have no clue, to obtain their monetary advantage.
    Oh I forgot, Kawi (or any manufacturer) would never lie. We have never heard of problems with heads cracking or GIO according to them

+1
    you hit the nail right on the head, kawasaki assured me they have no head problem even when i could prove they did with two heads of my own cracking in the same place, then buying a new head to find they have now beefed up the suspect area on the latest model, kawasaki are not here for the consumer they wouldnt even offer a discount on the new head. screw them i say

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information