Paging Surfnturf

Thanks for tunning tips, the 2.0 n/s 80gr S worked very good,I also have a 97.5 white pipe that I'de like to try with my 01 manifold ported to a near match ,was wondering how this would fare ,also my current prop is'nt anything special on the bottom end ,I have a solas 15/20 I can try thanks again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooer View Post
    Thanks for tunning tips, the 2.0 n/s 80gr S worked very good,I also have a 97.5 white pipe that I'de like to try with my 01 manifold ported to a near match ,was wondering how this would fare ,also my current prop is'nt anything special on the bottom end ,I have a solas 15/20 I can try thanks again.
    Yes lots of guys go with the 2.3 N/Seat but isn't required.The 97.5 pipe is a good upgrade as long as it is matched up with the manifold and the gasket trimmed back as well.You will gain maybe 100 -150 rpm more top end with a good low/mid range pull. Needle settings don't need to be changed with this pipe. The 15/20 prop is usually too much for a stock ported,stock compression engine and hasn't got the torque to turn it.

You would be better using the stock prop weld the outer edges then machined back to give a zero clearance inside the liner and have the trailing edges re pitched 1mm or approx 1-1.5 degrees more.The blades can be scalloped out on the back side to give better drive as well.This prop works the best in surf with no equal.

If you want to really use the 15/20 have it re-pitched to 14/19 this will get your revs up so the engine can run cooler.
    You can have the timing advanced 1-2 degrees with a dealer programmer but higher octane fuel will be required.Your squish will come into play more so with this mod so have it measured.

I like my skis to rev hard through the corners not just in a straight line with top speed as the priority so propping a ski to the revs is vital.If the engine is not allowed to rev into its peak rev range (above 7000rpm) with this pipe and squish is low and timing is advanced you will melt a hole in the top of a piston real quick.But set up correctly they pull like a freight train.

stock prop

I've had that solas for a while ,never ran great with it so i just ran the nujet that came with it ,but I been thinking about the stock prop as many here on this site claim that is best .Do you or someone else have a stock xpl prop for sale?

+1
    PM sent.

Thread Information