RizzO
    +1

Trim motor diffrences?

Well..... I have been looking for A year now to get the proper MFD(with trim display for faster trim motor) for 1 of my Pro1200's without any luck! I have found plenty of the other style MFD's(I even found 4 brand new ones that I sold to A few lucky people here at the Hulk) So... I have just about given up, and now I am considering installing the slower trim motor itself, so it will syncro with my current MFD(slow trim display type). Does anyone know the difference between the 2 types of trim motors? Or which slow trim motor will work with my stock setup in the Pro1200?? Many Thanks. This trim display may seem not important but it is very irritating when you do not know what position it is in!!

Thanks, RiZ

+1
    i think any trim motor will work from the older sl hulls.. i know i needed a trim motor for my 97 sl1050 and go one that hooked right up from at 94 sl750

RizzO
    +1
    Thanks that is what I though but I just wanted to ask to be sure. I want to be sure I buy the right part. Since I will be getting it off the internet. Or wait.........Now that I think of it, maybe I will call Jon Ziggler, he is only 45 minutes away in Madison, Wis.. He would probably have 1.

Thanks RiZ

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzo7883 View Post
    Thanks that is what I though but I just wanted to ask to be sure. I want to be sure I buy the right part. Since I will be getting it off the internet. Or wait.........Now that I think of it, maybe I will call Jon Ziggler, he is only 45 minutes away in Madison, Wis.. He would probably have 1.

Thanks RiZ
    or i could just ship you my slow 1 and 20 bucks and you could ship me the fast 1
    that being said
    i know its nice to "see" where the trim is BUT doesnt realy matter more on "how" the ride is ,,,,
    will you realy ride with the trim 3 bars up from nuetral or ride with the trim in the best position for that certain 5 minutes of water until you encounter different water conditions...
    in the ocean i dont/cant look at where the trim indicator is ,i just keep my thumb on the button and adjust as the boat handles each wave

RizzO
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    or i could just ship you my slow 1 and 20 bucks and you could ship me the fast 1
    that being said
    i know its nice to "see" where the trim is BUT doesnt realy matter more on "how" the ride is ,,,,
    will you realy ride with the trim 3 bars up from nuetral or ride with the trim in the best position for that certain 5 minutes of water until you encounter different water conditions...
    in the ocean i dont/cant look at where the trim indicator is ,i just keep my thumb on the button and adjust as the boat handles each wave
    I can understand that but I let other people ride my ski and trying to explain it is A bitch. we also have alot of sand bars we stop at and when I take off it is nice to know that the trim is down.

RiZ

Thread Information