Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow IS this a good price?

2 Polaris Jet Skis with Trailer - $3500 (Howell, MI)

I am selling a pair of Polaris Jet Skis just in time for Summer!! One is a 95 Polaris SL750 and the other is a 96 Polaris SLX.

Freind is thinking about buying these ski's... Is 3500 a good price including the double trailer (shorlander) with lockbox...

I have a few questions into him but is this a good price for 2 skis?

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PERCMAN25 View Post
    2 Polaris Jet Skis with Trailer - $3500 (Howell, MI)

I am selling a pair of Polaris Jet Skis just in time for Summer!! One is a 95 Polaris SL750 and the other is a 96 Polaris SLX.

Freind is thinking about buying these ski's... Is 3500 a good price including the double trailer (shorlander) with lockbox...

I have a few questions into him but is this a good price for 2 skis?
    first thought is its a little high on the price unless they are in super mint condition
    just my 2 cents

I think they are in good shape, not thinking they are mint. I have an e-mail into them to see how many hours.... See post with details, maybe that will help...

Thanks!

Here is the original post:

I am the second owner on these machines and they are in very good shape. There are a few scuffs from incidental bumping at the docks, but no actual damage.

There is little to no fading on these machines. They have been well maintained (winterized every year) and stored inside year round. When stored outside for short periods of time, they are always covered.

Both have identical hulls, while the SL750 has an aftermarket ride plate and sponsons to make them have similar ride performance in the water.

Both have aftermarket intake grates (from previous owners) allowing these machines to perform in choppy water as well as they do in calm waters.

These machines run GREAT!! The engines are stock and have never had any issues!! The engines are oil injected so there is NO pre-mixing required! Both machines hold 10 gallons of fuel for long ride times and they hold 1 gallon of oil allowing for about 5 refills of gas before needing more oil.

The SL750 has a 750cc 3-cylinder engine with 80hp, and the SLX has a 780cc 3-cylinder engine with 92hp. Both are very fast machines and easily ride over 50mph (they usually peak at about 54mph, but I have had them in the high 50’s in the right lake conditions!) Don’t be fooled by the lower power of the 750 – both machines are very well matched at high speeds and both have great performance.

Both have working electronic gauges with fuel level, oil level, trim level, mph, rpms, engine hours, clock, and diagnostic info (low fuel, low oil, low pressure, etc). The SL750 has a manual Reserve Fuel switch, while the SLX has Electronic Engine Speed Control when fuel is low to allow the driver to return at lower speeds without running out of fuel.

They also have electronic trim that works excellent! One machine has a newer battery, and the other had a brand new battery installed this year. Batteries were always pulled and stored indoors over the winter.

Both machines come with a cover. They are starting to show a few signs of wear (small holes near the handle bar from towing) but are still in good shape. They fit tight and the wear only proves that these machines were always kept covered.

Also included is Shorelander 2-place trailer with large storage lock box on the front and a swivel jack on the tongue for ease of moving around when off the truck. The trailer has Bearing Buddies and BRAND NEW tires! I just upgraded the tail lights and brake lights to fully submersible LED lights – no more unplugging wiring before loading in the water or replacing bulbs!! I am also throwing in two anchors.

These are great running machines and are very reliable. You will not be disappointed – I am only selling these because my wife had shoulder surgery and we want to upgrade to a boat.

I am asking $3,500 OBO

A little high

2500 would probably be a better price. You can actually look up pwc values on kelly blue book now, so you might check there. Of course KBB is a little high to. You just have to consider that these skis are pretty easy to come by a good deal on nowadays.

Of course if your trailer is that nice, it will definately add a little.

Great, I diid look things up and I think he's high, I will let me frind know!

Thanks

Josh

Some consider aftermarket/upgrade parts a plus, some dont. Generally I take points off something when the PO has done "upgrades". Same thing with cars. never know if they did things right or if you will have to put things back to stock just to troubleshoot.

I think the guys asking price is high. I would start at $2k and go from there.

+1
    500-800 for the sl. it has no fuel upgrades and car rebuilds. that will cost you 200 right there.

the 780? hmmm ok 1000.. and trailer. 450-750 tops at best if mint.

both are old skis. 14 and 15 years old..

i bought a running 750 for 500 and a double trailer with box for 500.

thats a 1000 plus the slx 1000 if it runs good maybe 1200. but like I said, they are old.. they will most likely need maintenance too.. mo money..

but hey if there mint run great, cant find better, must be a polaris and you get the one you want! then get them the sl is fun and the slx should be faster than the sl...

1 is 80 hp sl 48-50 mph
    1 is 92 Hp slx 50-52 mph

I from macomb in michigan .. not too far away from ya in howell there! whats up neighbor!

I'd say 2100-2300 tops.. if he gets 3500.00 for them he will be snickering... that he got exactly what HE WANTED FOR THEM. there really not worth that much in my opinion. I see sl's all over the place here in michigan. parts are a plenty too from the site here.

I bet the blue book is 400 for the sl, 550 for the slx and 650 for the trailer. 1650 -2000 is more in line I think .. just my opinion.

+1
    June 17, 2010
    • 3-Cylinders
    • 2-Stroke
    • 750cc
    Suggested Retail Value $970
    The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the watercraft has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Hours/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

1996 Polaris SLX 2-Pass Value

Email

June 17, 2010
    • 3-Cylinders
    • 2-Stroke
    • 779cc
    Suggested Retail Value $1500 The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the watercraft has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Hours/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Now remember, these are blue book values, not real values.. it says 2400 for both plus 1100 trailer viola 3500.00 see how HE GOT TO THAT PRICE?

ABOUT60% is more like it.. about 2000-2200 both ski are running and in good shape.. If that slx is woth 1500, then my Pro785 is work triple that!.

Heres my PRO785 on the book too/ WITH NO MODS ON IT!

I have a lot of mods on it.. plus labor at 95/hour if a mechanic wrenched on it.. add a couple thousand to that price!

Keybum bought a Pro for 250.00!!!!!!!!!!!! So see, prices are all over the place.. there used! lol

2000 Polaris PRO 785 2-Pass Value

Email

June 17, 2010
    • 3-Cylinders
    • 2-Stroke
    • 779cc
    Suggested Retail Value $2770 The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the watercraft has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Hours/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

i would say 2500 to 3000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information