Installing triple output fuel pump

This a newbee question. I am installing a new triple outlet fuel pump and ocean air filters on my 95 polaris slt. My question is there any rejetting need to be done or can it be done by carb adjustment? I had to rebuild the motor last year and i also put boyseon carbon fiber reeds in it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

+1
    You can set the carbs normally as if you still had the original pump in it.. theres how to threads here to show you how to hook up the new lines. its configured differently than before. you need to get rid of the auto-cock too. thats not needed on the new routing.. change all the fuel lines including the ones in the tank if so equipped. either 2 lines going to the bottom of the tank or you have a fuel sender thats aluminum..

If you have 2 clear tubes going in the tank. make sure the weighted screens are put back on too. they may have fallen off.. make sure the tank is clean, drain it if you can if the fuel is old or you see dirt floating on the bottom of the tank. but be careful! your messing with gasoline.

then look up the factory specs for your ski and adjust the high spped screws and the lows accordinly..

when changing the lines in the tank. the longer 1 is the reserve line and the other is the main. if you mix them up , you wont have a reserve when you think you do! do 1 at a time.

the high speed screws have little plastic pieces over the brass screw you turn in.. take those off when adjusting the screws or else they wont adjust correctly..

check the fuel filters too ..

and the return line off the carb rail up top will have a tiny brass restrictor in it.. it will have a tie wrap around it about a 1/2 away from the top of the carb rail (top meaning forward or back of the rail.. the return line is the top one.. just follow it back to the tank..

the fuel tank does have words that tell you which hose is which, res,main vent, ete...

route your pulse line 12 inches or less to the pump. keep the pump higher than the pulse line when installed. about 3-6 inches above it..

double check everything to make sure there tight.. if you use tie wraps, make sure there tight n snug, if using clamps, be careful to not kill the clamp too tight. the rubber hose can squish thru the slots in the clamp and cause a leak. but yeah, make them snug.

prime the carbs with 2 cylce oil and gas for easy start up

If going to F/A's like ya said, one of the members on here can tell ya how much more to richen the screws up.

Take the fuel out of the water seoerator and replace it with fresh oil n gas mix.

40/1 is what ya want to mix the gas and oil if you dont have an oil injection system hooked up..

thats 3.2 oz per gallon of gas.. or 16oz(1 pint) to 5 gallons gasoline..

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisslt View Post
    This a newbee question. I am installing a new triple outlet fuel pump and ocean air filters on my 95 polaris slt. My question is there any rejetting need to be done or can it be done by carb adjustment? I had to rebuild the motor last year and i also put boyseon carbon fiber reeds in it. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    You should be able to just use the high speed screws. Turn them OUT another 1/2 turn from stock and check your piston wash. Then adjust from there.

thank you guys that's what i need. that's what i like about this site people are willing to help out someone in need. thanks again

Thread Information