Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

fuel pressure creep with rrfpr ??

finally got a chance to get out and start tuning my ski for the summer
    my entire set up is below..

aeromotive 1 to 1 rrpfr/ regualtor..walbro pump...big fuel rail and an-6 lines..and a rude controler..eventually i want to just use the rrfpr as just a reg and use the rude controler to controle everything... but for now it is set up with the referace line..

going to jacksonville to see my sister this weekend and run around on our skis..so dont have time to start over with an entirely new map

this is the observation....although i cant see the fuel pressure at 80+ when i first get going and it is at 8500 8550 running ..the af is at 11.8 good to go...as you stay in it at wot...it start to drop...11.6 ---11.4 ---11.2 and the rpm start to fall off as well...as it should if the af starts to get rich = less power...

th only thing i can think of is i am geting pressure creep as you would on a turbo car with to small of a waist gate..the blead off hole in the reg i have allways thought was very small....

anyone else expierience anything similar..???

Check your Super charge slip

just did it is like 17.5 to 17.75 it was only down 1 lb after about 15 hours..about half in 2 to 3 ft chop..was acually happy to see that...everyone says rude 3 are high maint... i didnt think 1 lb of slip was enough to reshim for.

decided to get out and tune with just the rude controler..so ill be running around with the lap top again today

+1
    you need to check your fuel pressure to know exactly whats going on there

+1
    Don't see how you can tune without monitering fuel pressure and boost though out the rpm range. IMO your just guessing and probably covering up a problem with a bandaid.

Its also my opinion that the fueling at WOT should be controlled with a RRFPR and the Rude FC should be used to trim. But thats just me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Its also my opinion that the fueling at WOT should be controlled with a RRFPR and the Rude FC should be used to trim. But thats just me.
    Duke's correct, set wide open A/F with RRFPR and trim it with the controller. One of our buddies just had a Rude controller go bad. It could have got ugly if it was tuned up top with the controller.

i agree you cant tune without knowing what cell it is pulling from...for the most part i ride around with the lap top between my knees in real time and when i see a af i dont like i put my finger on the highlighted cell it is using..and stop and make the change...in doing so i noticed..sometimes the tach on the ski is at 5000 exactly but the controler is using the 5500 cell...that would mess you up..if you were trying to use the skis tach..couldnt get it to stay in the 2500 cell to save my life...you also cant tell weather it is pulling from 1.3 1.4 or 1.5 or 3.4 volts at that exact moment.. when you are looking at a just the boost guage..real time is the only way without having a data logger

i ended up trying to tune without the rrfpr today went all around the block but went nowhere ...ended up with what i had yesterday back with the rrpr..and a better understanding of tuning .....

i have a good map now but i should ..i spent 5 hours riding stoping changing reloading over and over... low13 idle low rpm cruze..12.5 all in the mid..and 12 WOT as i said it drops to 11.8 11.7 still could spend a little more time getting a few glitches out on the stabs ect but overall good...

running a 15/20 3 blade..83 nozzle....water temp was 93 and air was at least 95..and omg humidty ..heat index was 106 not exactly a speed set up or day ....still went 80..at 8500 rpm still 100 rpm left on the one gps run i did..

trying to get it tuned without the rrfpr i had the controler at 12.5 at 8000 rpm .3.4 to 4.2 volts ...at 8200 af was at 11.5 as soon as it went to 8500 12.9 13.2 .. think i had the injectors at 100% duty cycle so i kept raising the base pressure ..to get more fuel ...got up to 64 # more than i want to run ..so i decided my 50# arn big enough to run without the rrpr.getting the pressure way up.

i still have a set of 60# at the shop maybe ill play with them sometime...

none of the big cars i see on my shop use rrfprs..they all tune electronically the only way to see if it is really creeping up is to have a guage up top ...i am not going to go WOT ..looking at the guage on the fuel rail...
    CAN YOU SAY CRASH

just wondered if anyone else ever noticed when you hold it WOT for a bit the af drops..talking 30 40 seconds...correction probably more like 20. i have it set right now so at first the af WOT is initionaly 12 then it drops to 11.9 11.8 after a few seconds

+1
    30-40 seconds wot what a cowboy. but at least you're getting richer. not leaner

that may be a little longer than reality... thinking about it..probably 20 seconds though...this place is perfectly flat
    if it was getting leaner i woudl say the fuel pump wasnt keeping up....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information