(New Here) 05/06 RXT Questions

Hey all-
    Newbie here, saw a refernce from the sea-doo.net site. My 1st pwc was a 02' RXDI, had for 2 years, sold it and now ready to get back into it again.

I think I want a 3 seater so my 2 daughters, 6 & 8,can start to enjoy with me, tubing, etc. So far I'm leaning towards a 05/06 RXT. If I can get one preowned in good shape, I'd consider to save a few $.

Here are more questions:
    1. I've been reading stuff about clutch and washer problems. Very confused as I don't know anything about these 4 strokes & scic engines. Can anyone give a "lay persons" explanation to all this?
    2. If there are upgrades/fixes to known problems, what are those?
    3. Is there any other caveats to buying the 05/06 models?
    A local dealer is selling leftover 06 RXTs for $8999. I know that is a great price but I'm in no hurry since I have 6 months to wait for the season to start.

Any advice or input greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesavvy
    Hey all-
    Newbie here, saw a refernce from the sea-doo.net site. My 1st pwc was a 02' RXDI, had for 2 years, sold it and now ready to get back into it again.

I think I want a 3 seater so my 2 daughters, 6 & 8,can start to enjoy with me, tubing, etc. So far I'm leaning towards a 05/06 RXT. If I can get one preowned in good shape, I'd consider to save a few $.

Here are more questions:

1. I've been reading stuff about clutch and washer problems. Very confused as I don't know anything about these 4 strokes & scic engines. Can anyone give a "lay persons" explanation to all this?
    2. If there are upgrades/fixes to known problems, what are those?
    3. Is there any other caveats to buying the 05/06 models?
    A local dealer is selling leftover 06 RXTs for $8999. I know that is a great price but I'm in no hurry since I have 6 months to wait for the season to start.

Any advice or input greatly appreciated.
    Welcome!

RXT is a great ski! It's hard to find a used one for under much under $9000, so I'd go with new, unless you want one with some performance mods already on it - then buy Shibby's - he'll chime in on this thread eventually. He's a great guy, owns some nice skis, and has a lot of knowledge about the 4tech motors.

You'll want to replace the ceramic washers in the supercharger of whatever you get with the metal washers that greenhulk sells. You can get them from the store - here's the direct link to the washers. This is a must have item that will save you from lots of pain down the road. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...2b53603552f3c2

That's the link for the 06 washers - if you get an 05 there are ones for it specifically too. Sea Doo upgraded the sc in the 06 models.

I've gotta run, but it's good to have you here. Look at the how to section of the forum - lots of great info there!

Cool

Great price Davesavvy - I'd go with it! For '07 SeaDoo offers the Wake edition ski with the SC 215HP motor if your interested but you will spend a lot more.

Good Luck!

+1
    That's a great price for a new RXT. We just got our's in July. The family loves it. We put the first 13hrs on it the first weekend.
    It will ride 3 people, but why, get a boat. It fits 2 adults in comfort.
    It's very fast, and will tow just about anything the kids want to ride on.
    I've learned a lot from this and other ski websites. Doing your own routine maintenance is very easy. This website has some great "how to" info.
    Good luck in your decision and hope to see you on the board.

Awesome price man! Enjoy it. Great ski.

Like R-Doo said, it fits three, but more importantly it can tow a tube w/no problem!

$8999.00 is one awesome price don't wait, 99.9% says you wont do any better then that just don't let the dealer beat you up on a trailer or there B.S. charges, tell them plus tax and reg, ask for an out the door price, also check around for trailer prices, if the dealer wants more buy the trailer on your own and pick up the ski, and last ride and enjoy your time with your kids they grow up so fast...........

Well, this dealer sells the new models for cost which means, if they're true to their past actions, that the 07' model will be avaialable for just slightly more. I don't how they make any money, but that's what they do. They have a thing where you preorder with a $750 deposit, then when the ski comes in in the Spring, you have a certain amount of time to pickup.
    As far as the skis, I won't pretend to know all the spec details, but the 07 is now lighter and has a re-styled hood. Maybe more changes too?

If you look hard you can find a few nwe ones from dealers for slightly less but that is a good price if it is local to you. Snatch it up. I am not aware of the 07s weighing any les to my knowledges and I believe the only changes are cosmetic.

Personally I'd stay away from the 07. I only say this because BRP has been on a crusade to cut production costs. They did this on the 07 skis by removing material from the hull. I think I've read the hood is also different and lighter, possibly weaker as a result.

I wouldn't chance it we know the fault of the 06 and that can be fixed by installing metal washers.

Thread Information