My "new" 95 WaveRaider?

I think I just bought a 95 Yamaha WaveRaider (700). I was looking on wiki and on kbb.com and in 95 the smallest motor offered on the waveraider was a 700 but when i open the hood on an engraved plate it reads something like RA650. i am confused as to what motor this ski has and was hoping one u guys that have been longer in the "old school yamaha scene" could help me out.

i attached some pictures so that u guys could see the hull style and engine and hopefuly determine what motor i have.

any tips, mod suggestions, or advice would be great. and is there a wire or something i can short in order to disable the rev limiter? thnx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0063.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	194317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0067.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	194318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0079.jpg 
Views:	1250 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	194319  

i guess they could have possibly swapped another engine into it.

I'm certainly not an expert on this model (but do have two), but I've never seen that paint combo before on a '95 Raider. Check the serial number (last two digits) to determine the model year. My '95s are 700 twin and 1100 triple.

adam e got at me and helped me out. I checked by the rear sparkplug and saw a 64x stamp so that means it's a 760 which = 10 more ponies.

I would say its a 96 same paint as a 96 and the 95 didn`t come with 760 according to nada anyway. could have been a swap but tha paint kinda throws that out unless they changed everything. maybe you got one as they were changing production

+1
    is this the same ski u painted??? it was so clean, i wouldnt have touched it!!!!
    im painting my ski tomorrow, ill post some pics, trying to get good camera

Quote Originally Posted by alfiu View Post
    I think I just bought a 95 Yamaha WaveRaider (700). I was looking on wiki and on kbb.com and in 95 the smallest motor offered on the waveraider was a 700 but when i open the hood on an engraved plate it reads something like RA650. i am confused as to what motor this ski has and was hoping one u guys that have been longer in the "old school yamaha scene" could help me out.

i attached some pictures so that u guys could see the hull style and engine and hopefuly determine what motor i have.

any tips, mod suggestions, or advice would be great. and is there a wire or something i can short in order to disable the rev limiter? thnx
    It is possible that it is a 650 from a Waverunner 3,VXR or SJ. I am currently researching swapping a 650 into my waveraider Hull. I have all of the parts from the donor ski and have the complete 650 engine with electronics. From what I've read it is a direct fit. Have you taken it out yet?
    How does your raider run?

+1
    As one of the previous poster said, what is the "last two digits of your HIN"??? That is the Year of the ski. I'm willing to be that it is 96. Looking at the pictures, the exhaust on there is for a 96 Raider 760. That is the only year they did the 760 on the Raiders. I don't know if there is some external things on the 650 vs. 700 vs. 760 engines that can determine what it is. Maybe someone with a motor that looks like that can chime in?

vin and title say 95. and motor is stamped 64x. when i took it out to key biscayne (pretty calm water) i was hitting 52 according to the speedo (i weigh 195lbs and yes i know the factory speedos are notorious for beeign off). next time im bringin my radar gun to see what i can clock it at.

Thread Information