1995 waveraider need help!

hello, I bought a 95 waveraider 700 and it ran great so being the diy guy that I am I wanted to due some maintnenceon it so I replaced the fuel filter and took off the carbs and cleaned the small internal fuel filters. when I was putting it back together I ripped the intake to carb gasket. there is no dealer around me so I ordered 1 and it is coming.

My question is now the ski runs like crap...... It is real boggy and has bad takeoff power but clears up and runs good on top end. do you think it will be ok after I replace this gasket. and is there anything I need to put on it when I install? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme2424 View Post
    hello, I bought a 95 waveraider 700 and it ran great so being the diy guy that I am I wanted to due some maintnenceon it so I replaced the fuel filter and took off the carbs and cleaned the small internal fuel filters. when I was putting it back together I ripped the intake to carb gasket. there is no dealer around me so I ordered 1 and it is coming.

My question is now the ski runs like crap...... It is real boggy and has bad takeoff power but clears up and runs good on top end. do you think it will be ok after I replace this gasket. and is there anything I need to put on it when I install? thanks in advance
    Does it bog, or does it over rev? Like... you pull the throttle and then it over revs, but goes no where...

Quote Originally Posted by 550 View Post
    Does it bog, or does it over rev? Like... you pull the throttle and then it over revs, but goes no where...
    It bogs down. it does not over rev... the plugs look good.. the only thing I did was change both diaphrams and clean little carb filters..thanks

I did compression check and 1 is 130 and the other is 150.......I think I need to do a top end.....any help would be great

put the gasket on. Then test the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme2424 View Post

So you ripped the intake to carb gasket and still put it back together WITH THE RIPPED GASKET and are now asking why the ski bogs and doesnt run right with the air leak are you kidding dude why would you even run the ski until the gasket is fixed do you want to blow up the motor

Thread Information