Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

polaris virage i will not start up

i have a 2003 polaris virage i. fuel injected 2 cyclinder.i took it to the lake this past weekend and i could not get it to start up. the engine would keep turning over but would never crank. i checked the spark plugs wires and they have no spark coming from them. i also noticed a wire hanging from around a connector and was wandering if it goes in that connector and if it could be keeping the virage spark plug wires from firing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	194336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0523.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	194337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	194338  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Repair that broken White/Red wire. It is critical to powering the EMM and fuel injectors.

virage i

the end piece that the red/white wire goes into, what is that piece called and can u just buy that piece. couldnt get metal prong out of endpiece so i can hook red/white wire back to it. now think its messed up. so stripped wire and plugged it into the other red/white wire for time being. acted like it wanted to start up one time and that was it. found out spark plug is firing now, the hard way. shocked the crap out of me.so what do i do from here.were do i need to put my electric tester to see if getting enough cranking volts.

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	194386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0531.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	194387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0532.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	194388  

does it hurt to try to crank virage out of water and soon as it starts shut it off. and what do i need to buy to start virage out of water. ive read were u said not to run it over two minutes out of water.

+1
    you can run the ski out ofthe water for 10 seconds with out water hooked to it.. you can run it on the hose for 2 mins..after this the bearings in the pump will start to get hot

+1
    You can run a cold engine for 10-20 seconds without any water cooling.

Search for info on how to connect a garden hose for reverse flush connection, or using an adapter to connect the garden hose directly into the jet pump 3/4 inch cooling water hose.

That broken connector is called a WeatherPack or Packard connector. They are often used in automotive wiring and are available from multiple sources, even eBay.

It is important that the White/Red wire be a solid electrical connection.

Your engine may have several problems. You will need to be thorough and methodical as you work through the diagnostics.

virage

pushed red/white wire into connector for now and charged battery, and it started up about the 2nd go around. now just got to find one of them connectors to have a good connection before i take it out to lake. is the adapter you buy to crank out of water called a flush kit.is their any way to remove old male pin out of weather pack housing. can probably still use housing just needs new pin, if i can get old pin out.

+1
    The pins are removable.

WeatherPack (Packard) electrical connectors FAQ
    What they are, how to use them

Reverse Flush Kit or simply flush kit, is one way to connect a garden hose to the engine. Maximum run time on the hose is two minutes, due to lack of water cooling to the jet pump and drive shaft seals.

For longer run times, either remove the jet pump and drive shaft, or take it to the launch ramp. Back it down into the water, then you can run the engine as long as you need to.

virage i

were would you hook up the flush kit on the polaris virage i. here is a pic of the inside of the hull, the 2nd pic has some pipe with threads, what is that. thanks. also is their a way i can come to this thread when i sign on instead of having to search for it everytime.

Name:	IMG_0581.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	194510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	194511  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robertss View Post
    were would you hook up the flush kit on the Polaris Virage i?

... here is a pic of the inside of the hull, the 2nd pic has some pipe with threads, what is that.
    That would be the water EXIT from the engine where it empties into the tunnel over the jet pump.

...is their a way i can come to this thread when i sign on instead of having to search for it every time.
    Subscribe to your own thread (Look under the Thread Tools drop down).

From your Profile section (upper left of your screen, next to Stats), you can find your own threads, and those you have subscribed to.

The brass plug circled in red in the attached photo is where the reverse flush fitting would connect.

What makes it tricky is the close proximity of the fuel injector. You need to use a right angle fitting that will clear the injector.

If need be, you can remove the injector while installing the water rail fitting.

Be careful with the injector. Do not bang the tip against anything, and do not over torque the injector bolts. The injector must be tightened evenly so it does not bind in the cylinder head. Don't lose the fat O-ring that sits under the top of the injector bracket.

18 ft-lbs is the torque spec for the Ficht fuel injector bolts.

Water rail bolts are 9 ft-lbs.

Name:	DSCN4281b.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	194541  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information