Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,498
    +1
    619

    goodbye Garmin Etrex hello crackberry software

    With the huge popularity in the blackberry phone and its many various software applications,you can now download one of the "speedometer" apps for your top speeds and distance.Here's one I like using the BB 8330 curve:
    http://software.crackberry.com/produ...ur-impressions Now no need to buy the Garmin or carry one around to do your speed runs,anybody use something else or better?


  2. #2
    "Hustler" Inkaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,712
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    With the huge popularity in the blackberry phone and its many various software applications,you can now download one of the "speedometer" apps for your top speeds and distance.Here's one I like using the BB 8330 curve:
    http://software.crackberry.com/produ...ur-impressions Now no need to buy the Garmin or carry one around to do your speed runs,anybody use something else or better?

    Wait till you see how much that Blacberry loves water...

    I tried it on my iphone and it didnt track rite being in the front bucket... Garmin is 80$ and waterproof... Blackberry replacement is alot more.. my 1 and 1/2 cents...

  3. #3
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,498
    +1
    619

    tracking

    Hmm....TJ ,don't you carry your phone on board in a dry pak? Yeah honestly I have tested on the water yet, only in the car while its in my pocket.Seems accurate though,i put the fire extingisher in the front bucket and cover the hole next to the battery and put my phone( mostly turned off) documents and camera there instead. Maybe your right, you want to get an accurate reading for max. speed so it should'nt go in front bucket? for 9.95 lets give it a shot

  4. #4
    THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Webster, Texas
    Posts
    4,726
    +1
    5
    bb dont even handle moisture

  5. #5
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,498
    +1
    619

    moisture

    Well been carrying it two summers , no issues, everybody I ride with brings there BB phone.I most definitly keep it turned off and sealed in the dry pak. I'm just going to turn on for "runs", lets see.....

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shorewood, IL
    Posts
    139
    +1
    2
    I've used something similar before on my BB. Works pretty good. I have a waterproof box that I bought at wallyworld for around $5. Seems to do the job pretty good. I keep my wallet, phone, insurance papers, and truck keys in there.

  7. #7
    Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Outer Banks, NC
    Posts
    1,393
    Damn... I had this program on my 8330, and then dumped it. I didn't even think about using that! I am wondering if the GPS will pick up in the little compartment?

  8. #8
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,498
    +1
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    Damn... I had this program on my 8330, and then dumped it. I didn't even think about using that! I am wondering if the GPS will pick up in the little compartment?
    OBX its definity accurate....I picked up a used Garmin anyway and ran both...2/10s difference and also tested in car...always a little slower than car speedmeter,I think if you "stab" the gas pedal that car speedmeter digital reading is always inaccurate....

  9. #9
    Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Outer Banks, NC
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Wait till you see how much that Blacberry loves water...

    I tried it on my iphone and it didnt track rite being in the front bucket... Garmin is 80$ and waterproof... Blackberry replacement is alot more.. my 1 and 1/2 cents...
    Ummm. TJ? What Garmin is $80???

  10. #10
    Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Outer Banks, NC
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    OBX its definity accurate....I picked up a used Garmin anyway and ran both...2/10s difference and also tested in car...always a little slower than car speedmeter,I think if you "stab" the gas pedal that car speedmeter digital reading is always inaccurate....
    The reason the GPS speedo doesn't catch up as fast as the car is because of the GPS refresh rate. I am going to reload GPS'ed, and try it! Plus it will give you a cool track of where you have been for the day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. goodbye Garmin Etrex hello crackberry software
    By jetdave56 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 09:39 AM
  2. Any interest in a group buy on the Garmin Etrex?
    By Region8Ultra250X in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
  3. Will a Garmin Etrex work with the GPS glovebox
    By Sirhc7897 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:21 AM
  4. I broke down and got a Garmin Etrex
    By BertInTexas in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 09:02 PM
  5. Garmin eTrex Legend
    By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •