+1

goodbye Garmin Etrex hello crackberry software

With the huge popularity in the blackberry phone and its many various software applications,you can now download one of the "speedometer" apps for your top speeds and distance.Here's one I like using the BB 8330 curve:
    http://software.crackberry.com/produ...ur-impressions Now no need to buy the Garmin or carry one around to do your speed runs,anybody use something else or better?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    With the huge popularity in the blackberry phone and its many various software applications,you can now download one of the "speedometer" apps for your top speeds and distance.Here's one I like using the BB 8330 curve:
    http://software.crackberry.com/produ...ur-impressions Now no need to buy the Garmin or carry one around to do your speed runs,anybody use something else or better?

Wait till you see how much that Blacberry loves water...

I tried it on my iphone and it didnt track rite being in the front bucket... Garmin is 80$ and waterproof... Blackberry replacement is alot more.. my 1 and 1/2 cents...

+1

tracking

Hmm....TJ ,don't you carry your phone on board in a dry pak? Yeah honestly I have tested on the water yet, only in the car while its in my pocket.Seems accurate though,i put the fire extingisher in the front bucket and cover the hole next to the battery and put my phone( mostly turned off) documents and camera there instead. Maybe your right, you want to get an accurate reading for max. speed so it should'nt go in front bucket? for 9.95 lets give it a shot

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    bb dont even handle moisture

+1

moisture

Well been carrying it two summers , no issues, everybody I ride with brings there BB phone.I most definitly keep it turned off and sealed in the dry pak. I'm just going to turn on for "runs", lets see.....

+1
    I've used something similar before on my BB. Works pretty good. I have a waterproof box that I bought at wallyworld for around $5. Seems to do the job pretty good. I keep my wallet, phone, insurance papers, and truck keys in there.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Damn... I had this program on my 8330, and then dumped it. I didn't even think about using that! I am wondering if the GPS will pick up in the little compartment?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    Damn... I had this program on my 8330, and then dumped it. I didn't even think about using that! I am wondering if the GPS will pick up in the little compartment?
    OBX its definity accurate....I picked up a used Garmin anyway and ran both...2/10s difference and also tested in car...always a little slower than car speedmeter,I think if you "stab" the gas pedal that car speedmeter digital reading is always inaccurate....

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Wait till you see how much that Blacberry loves water...

I tried it on my iphone and it didnt track rite being in the front bucket... Garmin is 80$ and waterproof... Blackberry replacement is alot more.. my 1 and 1/2 cents...
    Ummm. TJ? What Garmin is $80???

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    OBX its definity accurate....I picked up a used Garmin anyway and ran both...2/10s difference and also tested in car...always a little slower than car speedmeter,I think if you "stab" the gas pedal that car speedmeter digital reading is always inaccurate....
    The reason the GPS speedo doesn't catch up as fast as the car is because of the GPS refresh rate. I am going to reload GPS'ed, and try it! Plus it will give you a cool track of where you have been for the day.

Thread Information