2008 STF-15x is running rough at idle to low speeds

So I borrowed a friends 2008 STF-15x. It was low on gas so I brought it onto the beach. I didn't bring it onto the beach hard or anything. I just stopped it and then drug it on. I then filled it with some gas. Ever since then it runs rough, but just between idling-10MPH. Once you get it going...no big deal! Sometimes it has a tough time starting as well. It sounds like it's not getting enough gas it just kinda grumbles and spits smoke out the back when idling to 10 mph. Above 10 MPH you can't tell a single thing is wrong with it.

I thought it was maybe bad gas but it's had about 2-3 tanks of gas through it and I've put fuel stablizer and stuff in it. I thought maybe I got some dirt up in it when I brought it on the shore so I flushed it real good. Nothing? It still runs rough in idling to 10 MPH. Anyone got any ideas what could've caused this?

Quote Originally Posted by geissap View Post
    So I borrowed a friends 2008 STF-15x. It was low on gas so I brought it onto the beach. I didn't bring it onto the beach hard or anything. I just stopped it and then drug it on. I then filled it with some gas. Ever since then it runs rough, but just between idling-10MPH. Once you get it going...no big deal! Sometimes it has a tough time starting as well. It sounds like it's not getting enough gas it just kinda grumbles and spits smoke out the back when idling to 10 mph. Above 10 MPH you can't tell a single thing is wrong with it.

I thought it was maybe bad gas but it's had about 2-3 tanks of gas through it and I've put fuel stablizer and stuff in it. I thought maybe I got some dirt up in it when I brought it on the shore so I flushed it real good. Nothing? It still runs rough in idling to 10 MPH. Anyone got any ideas what could've caused this?
    u fouled a plug. if you only got one replacement plug, its probably one of the 2 plugs in the middle of the motor. they seem to foul out fastest. best case is to replace all four if youre near 100 hrs on the ski. i fouled my first at about 45 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by dreww View Post
    u fouled a plug. if you only got one replacement plug, its probably one of the 2 plugs in the middle of the motor. they seem to foul out fastest. best case is to replace all four if youre near 100 hrs on the ski. i fouled my first at about 45 hrs.
    Ok this is pretty much what they said over on pwctoday as well. Can I buy these plugs at a regular auto parts store? Any idea what kind this takes? I don't have the owner's manual with me...

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    cr9ek or cr9eix

Sean

Thread Information