Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another stupid question :p

Where is this located on the scooter?

Last edited by dadde83; 06-20-2010 at 11:13 AM.

+1
    it is on the back of the boat on the top deck. it is actually the plate that the tow hook is mounted on. you should have the took hook with two pissers right below it.

Ok, thanks. Is the water going out there?

The problem i s that the pre owner has has drawn the hoses in a strange way. The market hose on the new pic goes to the carburetors?? Nothing seems to be right...

The translucent hose from the carbs go to the exhaust pipe on the top. Where should it go?

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Tssz3

+1
    Ok, I am going to declare this machine all fouled up.

The carbs are on backwards for one thing. The accel pump should be at the rear, not the front as it is in your pic. A '98 is not THAT much different from a '99+ 951. Is the throttle cable even hooked up? The rear carb does not have a place to attatch it. That puts the fuel pump on the back of the engine ect.

You need some serious help to get this thing right. Are you anywhere near the south eastern U.S.? If so, it would be a hell of a lot easier to show than tell in this case.

The P-O was, well, creative with this thing and there are probably some other interesting errors going on.

I do not see any oil lines either so I hope he told you to run it pre-mixed.

If the fuel and cooling system are this messed up I have my doubts that the pipe was installed correctly. A mistake in the pipe install will cost you an engine on a 951.

Thanks!
    That strange, why would he put the carbs backwards. Is it a good idea to change them back? Yes the trottelcable is connected and working. Yes I run it pre-mix.
    Last edited by dadde83; 06-20-2010 at 11:14 AM.

+1
    So he has routed the Tcable around the engine to hook it up at the back? I am surprised it reached and is not kinked like crazy.

You should turn them over and put them on correctly. Why? Well, I suppose there is not a reason other than the fact that it is how they are supposed to be installed.

As far as the pipe installation, the bolts at the flange, the mounts, and the mount brakets MUST be torqued in the correct sequence. If you get it wrong it will start to break the flange bolts and leak water into the carbs and back into the engine.

This is a bad thing.

If the gasket surface was not properly cleaned and prep-ed the flange will leak and dump water into the carbs and back down into the engine.

Again, bad.

That said, anyone who would rout a water line (that fitting on the top of the pipe is a for one of the pissers-the pissers bleed air off the pipe's water jacket and thus water comes out of them) to the carbs has to of questionable abilities.

He may have thought there was some advantage to flipping the carbs around (perhaps he considers himself wiser than all those simple Austrians that designed the thing). That being said, I can not even contemplate a scenario where it would be a good idea to run water into your carbs.

I am just saying...

Ok, I will shift the carbs, not a big job to do. Do you know where that hose from the carbs is supose to go?

+1
    I need a better look at it to tell what fitting that hose is coming off of. Perhaps you can take a pic while the carbs are off.

I can tell you this, there is not supposed to be any kind of "T"ed hose in that area on a 951.

Maybe if a primer kit had been installed, but that would not be supplied with water, of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information