Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2000 slx1200 help asap!!!

I am working on a 2000 polaris slx1200. It ran great last year and this year it won't run. As soon as you hit the throttle its like it hits a rev limiter. It'll idle fine though. I put new plugs in it with no luck. I also checked the small fuse in the electrical box as that has caused this same problem before but that was good so i'm not sure where to go. I was doing some searching and some say that the digital display being bad can cause this. The display on this ski does not work. Could this be it???

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

check you impellor and stator blades in the pump for damage/broken fins/blades.

Or.. The driveshaft splines are used up pretty much and engage nicely at idle but when you punch it the drive doesnt spin because the torque of the motor just spins the coupler and the shaft cant handle the load and just spins.

if you check your coupler, DO NOT STICK YOUR FINGERS IN THERE> you could be cut 15 times in 1 swoop!. watch it..
    they could be worn down like blades in there. just saying,,,,,,,

The blades looked just fine. I also started it up and the driveshaft seems to be turning fine.

Well I think its my display. I unplug the display and it works just fine. I hold it at part throttle and then plug in the display and it going back into that limp mode.

+1
    try disconnecting the grey wire in the ebox. see if that helps.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdooracer View Post
    Well I think its my display. I unplug the display and it works just fine. I hold it at part throttle and then plug in the display and it going back into that limp mode.
    Is the MFD display completely dead, or just has very faded digits?

I am wondering if either the fuel or oil tanks are reading low, and that is triggering RPM limit mode from the MFD to the CDI.

Disconnecting the Tan wire from the MFD to the electrical box Tan terminal will tell you if the MFD is triggering RPM limit mode. Unplugging the Gray wire into the CDI (RPM limiter input to the CDI) is essentially the same test.

If disconnecting the Gray or Tan wires doesn't help, then the MFD is internally confused, and is messing up the CDI.

The MFD is completely dead.

RizzO
    +1
    I had the same problem when the MFD(display) on 1 of my 2000 Pro1200's acted up and went dead. If I left the MFD connected it put the engine in "Limp mode" and this is caused by Low oil, Low fuel or A Hot signal. I replaced MFD and everything is good. Good Luck.

RiZ

RizzO
    +1
    very easy fix, but super hard to find! It should be a little easier for your SLX since it does not require the fast trim display. You might have A 12 pin mfd in that boat, if so Randy Watcon has the adapter for 12 to 8 pin.

+1
    Dont get frustraded. These guys are great! Polaris made great machines!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information