Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

questions on a 95 and 96 seadoo xp

Hello all... This is m first post as I am new to this site... I have some questions I hope someone can help me out and answer about my skiies

Ok so I will start with the 95 seadoo xp--- first the fuse the runs for the dash so the gauges works for some reason out of now where started to blow... Anyone know a reason for this??
    Second when I turn on and am idling it runs rough once I give it gas it seems to run normal just rough while in idle.... Any idea why this could be happening...

And for my 96.... The fuel gauge went from working to somewhat working to not working at all... Is there a way to fix this without taking it to a shop and paying way to much to get it fixed??

And my biggest question and why I am on here my 96 idles good I will start giving it power it will run great at full speed then out of no where it will lose power and run rough like its drop to one. Cylnder or like a bad spark... I put brand new spark plugs in and still has the problem it will run great one min and cut out and run rough and slow the next... Any idea could something be lose???

And last only my fuel gauges work anyway to get the rest of the dash working. Or anywhere u can by new gaugues for the dash

Thanks everyone hope somone can help me out

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum!

First off your 95 sounds like the mulit gauge is fried. you can find a new one in the classifieds.

as for your 95 and 96 running problems read the top of the 2 stroke section...there are two threads there you nned to read and will solve all your problems.

one is the DIY fuel system rebuild and the other is fuel sending unit fix. do NOT take it to a dealership it will cost you more than you know and at that point you will be thinking why did I not just buy a new ski. follow these 2 threads and you will be good as new.

post up if you need help but remember that the search button is your friend

ok so on the 96 i am in the process of replacing the fuel lines.... but got to dark will have to finish tomorrow...

any help for my other questions?

+1
    dont worry about the spedo...those are junk and are way off anyway.
    the trim gauge...does the trim even work? the gauges rarely fail but you never know. you just have to test it. as for the mulitgauge you have to test it by pulling the sensors and see if the gauge lights up. and for the fuel gauge you have to do the fix.

the trim works on either i really dont care to much about the gauges....

i had gotten the fuel baffel fixed on the 95 and that gauge worked then all of a sudde the fuse for it started to blow dont know y...

and for my 96 my biggest thing is this....

when i turn it on it turns on good idles fine ten when i give it gas it wont go anywhere the eginge sounds bogged down... then out of no where it will shoot out and go like normal...then when i hope it up it will slow down then go then slow down then go its frustarting...i replaced the fuel lines any other suggestions

+1
    for your gauges on the 95. if everything works normal (ie engine, trim) your mulit gauge is bad.

for the 96 when you replaced the fuel lines did you clean the fuel selector, screens in the carbs, and the water separator bowl under the handle bars? also you may want to pull the rave valves and give them a good cleaning. also check the rubber boots that are under the black caps with the red dots on them on the raves...leave the one on the waterbox alone tho.

alright i have no clue where any of that stuff is at im new at working on these things adn learing as i could if u could point me in the right directions it would help me out alot

+1
    the fuel selector is the knob on the left side of the ski that you turn to switch to RES/ON/OFF. this can get gummed up and cause you to lean out. The Water seperator is under the handle bars inside the hull it has two fuel lines going into it and is white in color. unscrew it and clean the screen out. The rave valves are the two black caps with red dots on the engine. unbolt them and pull them out. if they have a bunch of carbon/oil build up clean them and check the rubber boots under the black caps for oily leaks. as for the carbs, take them off and open the sides of them up there is a small screen in there that needs to be cleaned out.

Ok ill work on all that the next couple of days... I have actually cleaned the water filter out thought that was the fuel filter so I'm good there...

Besides that's there's a couple things that I want to get done that's not important but would like to do it..... The 96 needs a new fuel baffle how muich are they and is it easy to replace by myself... And trim motor ill have to test the most but a couple fuses are blowing that have wiring running to the trim don't know uy they r blowing any suggestuions

And the 95 the fuse for the guagues is blowing what do I need to replace how much and is it easy for me to do it and the same for the trim on the 95....

Thanks for all the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty8314 View Post
    Ok ill work on all that the next couple of days... I have actually cleaned the water filter out thought that was the fuel filter so I'm good there...

Besides that's there's a couple things that I want to get done that's not important but would like to do it..... The 96 needs a new fuel baffle how muich are they and is it easy to replace by myself... And trim motor ill have to test the most but a couple fuses are blowing that have wiring running to the trim don't know uy they r blowing any suggestuions

And the 95 the fuse for the guagues is blowing what do I need to replace how much and is it easy for me to do it and the same for the trim on the 95....
    Thanks for all the help
    a fuel baffle is about $120 I think...check the online store in the links tab on the left. yes its easy to replace. just take off the hose clamp. mark your hoses. (on the side of the baffle they are marked RES, VENT, ON, RET. take those off and it will come out.

Take a picture of that wire running to the trim and post it...I dont think its something seadoo but something that someone else ran to "help" fix the vts blowing problem that didnt work. I think that the VTS housing is trashed. butcheck the motor first before you start throwing money at it.

as for the 95 the multi gauge is kinda a pia to replace you just need small hands to go in to the bottom of the hood and take off the plate and reach up there and unscrew the back of the gauge. read the previous statement about the vts on the 96 to fix te 95 trim problem...its the same system

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information